IdeaPad Z500 FAN Problem after BIOS UPDATE

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by VegetaOSX, Oct 7, 2013.

1. VegetaOSX

VegetaOSX MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2013
    Hello. I updated my lenovo BIOS to the latest version. All went OK. However now the fan goes crazy. It goes very fast then slow, fast then slow, like a loop cycle. Before it did not happen.
    I installed Fan Speed monitoring software and both of them don't detect it. I want to install my old bios however I did not back it up. I tried to search for factory bios, I can't find it. So I decided to install a Modded Bios and unlocked, perhaps it will work?

I do not know what to do to solve this fan problem. I tried using Linux Ubuntu Live CD and it's the same, it's not a Software problem but BIOS i think.

Please, help me. Thanks in advanced.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    sounds like ME issue.
    intel Management Engine

try a PMPatched bios ?

3. VegetaOSX

VegetaOSX MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2013
    Hi, thank you for replying. Well, since it does same with Live CD as well, I thought it was a Bios problem. I have good knowledge on hardware etc, but not at BIOS level. I have few questions before proceeding to patch with Modified bioses.

If I install a Modded bios, will I be able to go back to original Bios, let's say for example Lenovo updates the bios in a moth. What is a PMPatched bios? I have searched but I am not lucky with it. Is it the Modified Bios? Where should I start?

Forgive me for my noob knowledge, it's the first time I'm into this world.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  5. VegetaOSX

VegetaOSX MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2013
    Thank you. I will try to contact him.