Ideas to Recover Laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gunny2k9, Nov 4, 2009.

1. gunny2k9

gunny2k9 MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Hi sorry to bother everyone, but after ideas to help recover a laptop.

OK its a Toshiba Equium A100-338, has Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit, it belongs to a friend and personaly i skipped Vista so not all totaly great with Vista.......

The problem its one those that has the factory image on the HD for which you can access to recover via the Repair My System option using F8....but the problem is the system wont even load that part any option just leads you to the A problem has occurred/ recent hardware/software change has caused an issue and u can select Startup Repair or Boot Normal and either those try to load for like 2 secs blank screen and the laptop just reboots back to BIOS.

i ve tryed disable auto reboot, tryed debug mode, tryed last known config etc and nothing...

(i m currently at work so not got access to much will be using a LiveCD latter to get data off)

but just wanted to see if any one else can think of something i can run/do in LiveCD to restore the factory default ?

BIOS is very limited so theres nothing in there thats causing it

2. gunny2k9

gunny2k9 MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2009
    nevermind lol fix it hahah C:\NTOSKRNL.EXE was corrupt :p replaced and all working now :D

3. craig2009

craig2009 MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2009
    Thank you so much for the post. It's really informative!