ie 11 problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by moiloon, Aug 30, 2016.

1. moiloon

moiloon MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    hi I recently did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate, after solving the windows update issue (hanging at windows update) ive now got a problem with ie11 constantly crashing on every page I try and visit, windows says its fully up to date via windows update , this is driving me insane and would love someone to point me in the right direction to resolve, ive uninstalled ie11, reinstalled to no avail , constant crashing

best regards moiloon

2. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    #2 ofernandofilo, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moiloon

moiloon MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    thanks for your prompt reply
    I will try disable addons one at a time to find problem.
    id rather use ie than firefoxor chrome tbh

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    You can also attempt to restore IE to it's default settings:
    Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced tab/"Reset Internet Explorer Settings" click "Reset" tab
    You will lose previous settings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Check the event viewer for starters, see what is causing your browser crash and provide us that information so we can help you.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Try:

Run sfc /scannow in an elevated cmd

Booting windows in safe mode + network and try MSIE11
    Reset MSIE11 as Joe C mentioned

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Typically similar problem occurs when you use a link security checker, for example Advanced System Care, Avast etc.
    IE did not suffer nothing more than only the EasyList.

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I had a similar problem. On my system IE11 was an update. I uninstalled the update, reinstalled IE10, tweaked IE10 the way I wanted it then installed IE11 with a full installer download (I think a full install) and all was well. I eventually uninstalled IE11 because I later discovered it truncated Outlook 2003 emails which I thought was absolutely ludicrous. The fix for that was to use Word 2003 as the email editor which I hated doing. I subsequently went back to IE10 and installed Microsoft's IE11 blocker. It was always odd to me that Microsoft provided a way to block their own latest browser they thought so highly of.

After that, it's Chrome and Firefox for me; IE11 was just too big a pain in the tucus.