IE keep popping up!

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by JameandBennie, Apr 22, 2015.

1. JameandBennie

JameandBennie MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    Every time after I start the laptop, IE just keep popping up itself until the computer get killed. It is like somebody is double clicking the IE many times in one second.
    I thought this was a virus attack in the first place so that I used antivirus software. But the problem is still there.
    And then I formatted the whole hard disk, thinking of that no virus would survive this. But the IE still pops up.
    I now think is it something wrong with the hardware? Maybe some shortcut key for opening the IE is broken?
    Please somebody help.
    I have now backed up all the applications and files to an external hard drive via a bootable disk from easeus backup.
    But I have no where to recover the files to.
    Do I really have to buy a new laptop?

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Check the keyboard something must be wrong there. ;)

3. JameandBennie

JameandBennie MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    Do you know which keys exactly on the keyboard?

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    First and foremost, please post the make and model number of the Laptop, as well as the OS that is installed.

Does the laptop have a built-in shortcut key for launching IE? (e.g. Fn+F3 or whatever)

Do you have any software installed that allows you to invoke an app via a mouse click or keyboard command?

Please let us know.

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JameandBennie

JameandBennie MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    Hey,
    It is a local brand from my own country with Win XP installed.
    I think it is the problem of the keyboard. I remember pouring out a little water into the keyboard by accident.

6. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Might be malware. Run ADW Cleaner.

But then again... Liquid is like a cancer to technology so you may want to dismantle your device and check everything; especially seems it could be a deeper issue regarding the liquid.