If I may ask what is this embedded thig?

Discussion in 'Windows Embedded' started by MGadAllah, Jun 3, 2019.

1. MGadAllah

MGadAllah MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I've goggled but can not get the big picture yet.
    What is this embedded operating system releases?
    Is it just a light weighted operating system? or something else?
    Also why no repository exist for such releases the same way with other OS releases? like updates and builds...etc
    What is the need for it and why not Microsoft did not released a light releases from windows 7, or 8 ...etc instead of that?
    Please if you make it clear I will be much appreciated for you.
    Thanks

2. MGadAllah

MGadAllah MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Thanks a lot my friends for fast reply.
    Yes I did goggled and still confused for the reason for having such releases?
    So I asked. for example if you remember my friend @Enthousiast when you recommended using windows 8.1 embedded industry as it is very light and fast and I did followed your advise and using it right now and will never switch to bloated windows 10 once gain, this embedded windows 8.1 is just the normal windows but without many things that we do not need so why there are another versions of such embedded thing for other releases?
    This is why I asked for the big picture.
    I did read the wiki and watched that video before posting but that did not cleared my question so I asked, so what do I miss especially that I've found some releases for Windows XP under embedded name as well.
    Thanks my friends :)

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Actually I never recommended anything, i provided links to the.eye.

Embedded OS's are mostly limited, afaik, never used them (except 7 thin pc, but for simplix update pack testing purposes only).

4. MGadAllah

MGadAllah MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Just to prove that I am not lazy I did downloaded the file before posting the thread :)

Attached Files:

5. MGadAllah

MGadAllah MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Actually I found this 8.1 embedded industry is really awesome and work with everything and no limitation at all.

6. MGadAllah

MGadAllah MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If I understand your message correctly, the windows 8.1 embedded industry enterprise is not the same thing as other windows embedded releases or I am mistaken?

7. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    I used 8.1 embedded industry pro for over a year as a regular desktop, damn fine os :cool: