If you don't like the new Metro you do have options

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NCS, Jun 11, 2012.

1. NCS

NCS MDL Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I'm seeing allot of people not liking the new metro start page...well you do have a option to use windows 8 with no metro.
    you can run win 8 DP and disable the metro and still use all the other new features. it will not have updates enabled and it won't show activated. I disabled the activating process so that I can use this O/S as long as I want to without expiring.

I'm guessing that when RTM does come out that it's going to be pretty hard to first get a copy with out buying and then being able to activate it. So I'm pretty happy being able to use win 8 DP with all the new features enabled and all the programs I use work fine..so the choice is ur's..you decide.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The best option is to stick with w7!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    This. Windows 8 RTM got Metro hardcoded inside, no way to remove it.

4. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    .... Windows 7 it is then :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Yeah, Metro can go down the :Flush:

:biggrin:

6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    metro ok sometimes..... :rolleyes:

7. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I'd rather (what I do in fact) just ignore Metro, not use it at all, and use Classic Shell. With every Windows there's things I change from default because I don't like the defaults. Metro doesn't bother me hardly at all since the only thing I click in the RP's Metro is "Desktop".

8. anti-t

anti-t MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I hate metro and the new explorer ribbon. There is too much to dislike in win8, I believe most power users agree on this. Win8 is designed for uneducated noob's phone addicts.

My win 7 explorer got replaced by directory opus, way better ! :D

9. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Yen you wrote the same thing that i just had in mind :D

10. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Best choice as ever, until RP expires.... than 7 will be the best!!
    Sadly. 8 without Metro crap, has a lot of useful features that we are going to miss in 7, btw, all ruined with Metro and Aero removal.

My opinion, if someone finds out how to use RP after expiration, will be good.
    Meantime, we can see MS fail???

11. 8eviathan

8eviathan MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012

*lol
    No Sir, for 15€ a update is a fine deal for me. :)
    I like it.

12. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    Are you assuming the RTM activation won't be circumvented?

13. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    I've been using Directory Opus since about 1990 when it first came out for the Commodore Amiga, and then in the early 2000's when they started the Windows version. It's very painful to use any version of Windows Explorer for very long. Welcome to DOpus!

14. mosaji

mosaji MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    (windows 8 plus start button minus metro) is better than w7
    why does microsoft deny this?

15. Vanessa444

Vanessa444 MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    [FONT=&quot]Clean partition and reload Windows 7. I am okay with Metro but it is not compatible for keyboard/mouse. [/FONT]

16. onepic

onepic MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Agree with this. Windows 8 developer (the only one where you can get rid off metro) is better than windows 7 SP1 if you do not like to play games. The other two ones (customer preview and release candidate) showed into the public are sux big time because no start button and menu :(. Why they do not make it simple like into the developer preview and leave a option to the user to chose the interface Classic or Metro ? Why they want to make my PC to look like the ugly windows phone or tablet ? For this devices Android or Aple OS are far better !

17. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    #19 pauldamo, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    do people know you can pin your programs and links to folders and administrative tools to the charms window,to me the charms window is just a large start menu,if you don't like the explorer ribbon you can just minimize it.

18. slayermbm

slayermbm MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2011
    And, you know, Microsoft could have given us the option to turn it off, like the first preview. Maybe do a little research on how customers react to METRO in the desktop. I'm sure, give or take, AT LEAST 50% current windows users dislike it, judging by the other thread with a poll.