iHeartRadio & Slacker Radio - no audio.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by BioHazardXB360, Aug 10, 2012.

1. BioHazardXB360

BioHazardXB360 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2012
    OK to quickly sum up my situation I have two computers one is registered via KMS just to play with it the other is unregistered and waiting for the 15th when I get my keys from MSDN. Both machines worked fine and streamed audio from these two metro apps. The only difference is the one that does not stream anymore is unactivated and I have moved all my stuff onto it. I am currently uninstalling an app at a time on the unactivated machine and installing it on my activated pc to see if a specific app is causing it. Regular metro apps work fine, games downloaded from the store work etc. Has anyone run into a similar problem? I was hoping it was coreavc or my directshow filters but they seem to be working just fine on my activated pc (aside from the error while installing coreavc).

2. bb12489

bb12489 MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2011
    Having the same issue here as well. No audio output for iHeartRadio :/ I'm guessing it's a problem with the App. They seem to of pulled the app from the store on the RP so I was surprised to see it on the RTM. Also looks like tunein radio is gone from both RP and RTM. I don't think the audio issue is because of being activated or not, Just an App issue that hopefully will be fixed soon!

3. BioHazardXB360

BioHazardXB360 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2012
    Slacker radio has the same issue. I re-installed Windows and everything seems to be fine now. I'll report back in if it happens again. For now im doing one app every hour or so to see if anything actually triggers it.

4. vcfan

vcfan MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    i know enterprise version doesnt have mediafoundation,and all modernUI media apps dont work because they rely on this component.

i dont know if you activate with KMS if it disables mediafoundation too,but i know that enterprise doesnt have it.

5. brucie1963

brucie1963 MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    KMS-activated 86X Pro here. IHeartRadio is working fine for me since I first installed it a few days ago.

6. sbuxreg

sbuxreg MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    no audio on the iheartradio windows 8 metro app here either. i am running Windows 8 Pro w/ Media Center Addon. w/ all legitimate activations.