IKEv2 error 809

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ninetyninenights, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ninetyninenights

Ninetyninenights MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2012
    hello. im the owner of NETGEAR JNR3210 and my pc OS is Win8.0x64. i have a really weird problem during attempts of establishing a connection to my vpn via IKEv2. i keep getting "error 809" but it appears only upon trying to reconnect after losing a connection or an intentional disconnection. in other words, when im trying to connect to a vpn it usually completes successfully, then im breaking a connection (or if connection is broken itself) im starting to constantly getting this error for next 30-600000 minutes. sometimes the rebooting of router helps, sometimes not. this is really weird and really really annoying.
    things ive already tried to fix it:
    port triggering (not sure if my settings were correct enough)
    dmz for my internal host
    ticking on "Respond to Ping on Internet Port"
    disabling vpn passthrough-s
    some fixes to my win8 registry and switching to ip instead of dns-name used in IKEv2 connection properties.

all of these took no effect. then i decided to exclude JNR3210 off my home network and input an internet cable directly into my pc network adapter.
    the problem disappeared and i was able to disconnect/reconnect countless amount of times. that is why im pretty sure the root of the issue lays on the router's side and the reason i am here looking for a qualified assistance. thanks in advance.

also i hereby attach my current WAN Setup that i think might be helpful
    14367354396950.png

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. Ninetyninenights

Dec 13, 2012
    already reset routers defaults to fix the error
    pc lan driver was updated 10 days ago even before the error appeared for the first time
    i have an inbuilt native win8 firewall and tried disabling it. also didnt seem to get this fixed.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  5. Ninetyninenights

Dec 13, 2012
    thank you for your detailed response. ill look through the links a bit later due to my poor knowledge associated with "ip fragmentation"
    also, i already made a request on official netgear forum to help me fixing the error. here it is
    forum1 . netgear . com / showthread.php?t=97194

6. Ninetyninenights

Dec 13, 2012
    #6 Ninetyninenights, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    (OP)
    so i finally got a response from netgear support but they do not seem to understand the issue itself. they are convinced the issue has nothing to do with netgear routers. ive tried some more stuff they asked me about and now i put here the text i sent them back in quotes. (maybe you have some more ideas about how to solve it) there are gifs that COMPLETELY describe the problem ive encountered

"this pc never had kaspersky installedregistering pc's mac on the wan port, enabling respond to ping, disabling dos protection do not take effect.
    upnp enabled.
    my subnet is 192.168.0.1.
    dhcp starts with 192.168.0.80 and starts with my pc according to mac-ip lan reservation.
    my vpn adapter is set to establish a connection to ip instead of dns.

ill try to bring you logs from my isp if next images cant entirely clarify the details of the error. take a look.
    case1: pc is wired to router's lan1 while trying to establish a connection to vpn
    heberg.me / V/ 14376160455842.gif
    case2: pc is connected directly to native isp while trying to establish a connection to vpn
    heberg.me / V/ 14376160455159.gif
    conclusion: i am not able to reconnect to my vpn node while pc is connected via router in opposite to direct isp connection. hope now i explained detailed enough. "
    (cant load neither links nor images properly so please take the time to erase the spaces to view)