iLook370 driver for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Arfer, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Arfer

Arfer MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Hi.I was wondering if anybody could help with this. I have an iLook370 web cam,which according to the manufacturer is using the correct driver ie a Vista driver!
    The camera works fine but the microphone does not work at all.
    Have gone Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Manage Audio Devices -
    Sound - Recording Tab and the microphone for the iLook 370 is not listed.
    Have looked in Device Manager and the iLook is listed and updating driver
    returns that the most up to date driver is installed.
    There is however in the Device Manager another entry, Other Devices - Unknown Device.
    Have tried to update this with no success. This I guess must be the missing microphone.
    Has anyone else had the same issue and or know a fix ?
    It's driving me further over the edge than is normal for me,
    TIA and cheers for now :confused:

2. Arfer

Arfer MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Hi canouna,
    thanks for such a speedy reply,that's really good of you.
    I ran your suggestion and as per my original post a driver was seen to be fine but another is not installed namely USB Composite Device (No Driver Installed) Fabricant Pixart Imaging Inc. There is no opportunity from the running program to download the driver and I've been all round the Pixart site trying to find something suitable. I may have missed it as in a wood for the trees situation ! I now that this will run on Windows 7 happily as I've used this webcam on another machine with the mic operating fine. Unfortunately that machine is 400 miles away from me and the person who's got it could not help when I asked what driver was installed as they are completely non technical.
    Do you have another suggestion ?
    Thanks very much again,
    Arfer

3. Arfer

Arfer MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Thanks as always for your helpful suggestions. I had a look at your latest link which was helpful as it prompted me to have a look at the Hardware Ids in question which are USB\VID_093A&PID_2623&REV_0100&MI_01
    and
    USB\VID_093A&PID_2623&MI_01

So 2623 seems to be the magic Hardware Id that I need a driver for, unfortunately nothing on that site matches so ....
    Can I push my luck a bit further and ask if you have any other ideas ?
    Thanks so much
    Arfer

4. Arfer

Arfer MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Hi windsman, have tried that and it didnt find the problem driver..any other thoughts most welcome,
    thanks for the input.
    Arfer

5. Arfer

Arfer MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Hey Guys, good news I got it fixed.
    I downloaded and installed Realtek Vista_Win7_R253 and installed and rebooted. Then went to Device Manager and right clicked on the USB device (must have been the iLook's microphone) and told it to search my proram files folder and lo and behold it found what was missing.
    Thanks again canouna and windsman for your help and time,
    Have a great holiday,
    Arfer

6. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    French Team rocks:D

windsman.