Im excited about windows 7, but need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Oct 22, 2009.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok, here is the situation, to some that my know me already im running Vista Ultimate x64 with a loader 2.2.2 and i have not update the loader becuase this one has done a great job for the past 1 1/2yrs on keeping my Vista Ultimate Genuine. I never wanted to flash my bios not that i do not know how to do it is just that i am worry on doing it. I mean i can flash it with regular manufacturing bios update but not to have Vista Genuine.

So here is the thing, i do not know what is best, Vista is running fine for me, except a few bugs that i cant seem to get fix (like workgroup network within my house) and i have read and view much of 7 and im loving it, but ill have to get the Ultimate x64. Is there a way i can dual boot with Vista and Win7 using a loader? i tried that before with XP and Vista with the current loader and it did not work, no matter how much changes or worked i did to it, it just didnt happened, so i got rid of XP Pro.

I can see already on Mininova many retail suggestion versions of Win7 which once im finished downloading i will check the hashes, but which is the best loader that will help me with Dual booting, or can i just upgrade to Win7 with no issuies and keeping current settings?

Any great recommendations from the many smarts and helpful members of this sites. Below you can see my specs of my pc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Yes, you can dual boot with vista and 7, you have to create a new partition in your hd and install 7 on it.

If you use an l*ader on seven, your vista will be deactivated so you wll need to reactivate it using (generally) the same l@ader as you used at seven.

Please, read The Official Windows 7 Repository (link in my signature) to have more information and select one of the l@aders.

I hope it is helpful to you, greetings:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    i have read the link already and extremely well put together. That was one useful link but i still wanted to do some more reaserch. I do enjoy Vista but as far as i can see Win 7 is much better and i already knew about the partition which is why i tried XP and did not wanted to work for me. I guess ill give it a try over the weekend and hope it works if it doesnt well then im screw lol.

4. SCBrigth

May 9, 2009
    Don't worry

Don't worry, I have dual boot with Vista and Seven without problems!

Follow the instructions carefully, do exactly as it is described and you will be well.:cool:

Good luck and enjoy Windows Seven - it is a great OS!

Sincerely,

5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Hey one quick thing before I forget since vista is already install do I remove my loader now n try one of the many loaders for 7? I see many loaders too, which one has the activation realibility? I just going to download 7, whats the latest release n I don't mean like retail title but version number so I get the latest one

6. SCBrigth

May 9, 2009
    Short answer: you did not have to remove your Vista loader.
    Create a partition, install windows seven on it.
    A*tivate Windows Seven with a l*ader, I recomend you use Daz's l*ader (link at my signature).

Follow the remaining steps at Windows Seven Repository to reactivate your Vista.

You may download the Windows Seven RTM at the Official Windows 7 Repository links, that editions are the current ones.

Sorry my late response, I was on the way from my work to home.

Greetings,

7. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    No need to apologize u have being great help n actually took sometimes to help me u r the best u need rep

8. SCBrigth

May 9, 2009
    Thank you dude, I'm happy to be helpful.:)

Good luck in your activation!:D

9. Stunna

Stunna MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    man u got me excited 2

im already hard

10. Bethir

Bethir MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    You are A BIG LOSER!=)))

11. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    win 7 instal

why worry about all that,just install win 7 its all you need,vista is finished no real need to hang on to the extra bloat,have had win 7 as main system on my 2 computers from the beginning, I've had no problems with network,sound card is actually working now,didn't in vista.to save all the work I'd switch straight over.i flashed both bios es