im new here & i have a dell n5110

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by anti virus, Feb 9, 2014.

1. anti virus

anti virus MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2014
    hi im new here & im sick of win.8.1 bloatware ie > internet explorer -skydive- metro= ect > how can i delete=stripp this win 8.1 down & still have my app's work

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    reason for double post?
    bloatware can be cured by installing clean os
    problems with windows can easily be handled by not using it :D

3. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Have you even tried the ModernUI? (to call it Metro isn't allowed anymore)

To recap: You want to run your (ModernUI- or WindowsStore)-Apps without haveing ModernUI at all? That's like sitting down on a chair you smashed completly before.

If you don't use any ModernUI-Apps these don't take any system-ressources away. So the opposite of bloatware. Even if they run and not focused they go to a suspended mode which doesn't need much memory.

If you mean by bloatware all the things Dell installs with the Windows then you have to look into the possibility of completely reinstalling Windows with a real MS install medium and not one from Dell.

4. anti virus

anti virus MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2014
    I WAS LOOKING FOR AN ISO STRIPPED DOWN X64 8.1 >> LIKE LIL NIL DID WITH WIN 8:shutup3:

5. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    just install Windows 7 if you want to strip the whole OS and its core

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Leslie_Coffelt

Leslie_Coffelt MDL Member

Feb 6, 2014
    It appears your laptop came with Windows 7. Did you upgrade to Win 8.1 or do a clean install and from which ISO? You can start stripping it down by "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel, but keep track of what you do in case you need to reinstall a particular program.

7. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    If you want to strip all the metro apps + dell bloatware, then you can use the windows 8.1 core/pro retail iso as source + dell drivers for clean install. you can use my toolkit to remove metro apps and do other customization for the iso. all apps gets removed except skydrive, photos, camera, store. I will be adding support for removing these apps too soon

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I'm afraid modified ISO files are not permitted on MDL but you can use advice given by MSMG and his toolkit to modify your own.

9. anti virus

anti virus MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2014
    sorry for not letting everybody know my os its windows 8.1 from da tpb...

10. anti virus

anti virus MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2014
    thank you i will let you know how my stripping of win 8.1 goes

11. anti virus

anti virus MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2014
    i would love to get rid of skydrive & internet explorer too & make it super lite 8.1 version with maxium security..