im new to this

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scottimo420, Jul 13, 2013.

1. scottimo420

scottimo420 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2013
    hey there Im new to the site and new to learning linux. Anyway i was introduced to linux about two years ago about 6 months in i was messing around with pen drive and erased my OS. long story short, i didnt get around to fixing anything until about four days ago. Im currently running ubuntu 12.04 lts. ive been trying to go online and look up what i want to do and have had little success in trying to figure things out. i joined this site hoping to find help in figuring out my problems. its safe to say i know nothing about the terminal but am willing to try and learn and such. ANYWAY, heres my current problem im having trouble taking an .iso file and mount it then install it onto the computer. ive looked it up but i cant even get past mounting the damn thing. then i tried mounting using a the preinstalled mounter but then i couldnt do anything from it. so im hoping someone can help me out with that. thatd be great.

2. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    We,those grow up with Windows, must forgot all about that OS to have success learning Linux because they are completely diferent operanting systems.While you run Ubuntu (Windows 7 in Linux distro's,my opinion) is quite impossible to not find an answer to you problems from Ubuntu Community!
    My advice is to try to get support first from comunity if not try to get another ISO mounter.

3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011