I'm tired of windows update error 8024402F in win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cuteee, Sep 17, 2013.

1. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    Maybe I stay with it forever.

2. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    one of the guides in the link delete my windows update history list.

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Yes, but don't worry that's a normal way when windows update has been repaired.

4. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    But the error remain.

5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Sounds to me like a time sync error is your Time synced up with the Windows update Server?

I would also do a sfc /scannow to validate your files are in order.

6. SkaterStu

SkaterStu MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2012
    i'll pm you some links from m$ that might help you, this account wont let me post them as of yet :tea:

7. mbaba

mbaba MDL Novice

May 14, 2013
    yes..same error too/..

8. ammoh

ammoh MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2012
    Sorry for bumping this up. I've got the same problem.
    I've upgraded for windows vista to Windows 7 Ultimate. The installation activated fine with daz loader but I keep on getting that error. I've tried all the steps mentioned in this but still no help. Should I re install again but this time as a clean install? Please advise. Another thing which I notice that when I stated win 7 for the first time, it appeared to fix my net $ framework. Could it be anything with the registry or firewall? If I need to a new thread, I apologise and create a new one.

9. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    By all means, yes, please do a clean install. Upgrades do often lead to such errors that probably can be fixed, however, clean install is usually much faster and you have a clean base.

10. ammoh

ammoh MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks for the fast reply. I'll first move all my files (music, videos, files, pics etc) to another computer via USB cable before I do a clean install.

11. ammoh

ammoh MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2012
    Just a quick update. I finally resolved the Windows update error 8024402F in win 7, which appears when trying to update via windows update.
    What I did is first I removed all net framework installed on the computer with this tool, frameworkcleanuptool. This can be found via Windowshotfixdownloader. When downloaded select clean all versions of net framework from windows 7.
    Once that's done go to microsoft.com to download a net framework repair tool. Download it and follow the prompts. When done, it should say try to download framework and keep this screen open.
    Go to Microsoft and download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Framework 4 (web installer), Framework 4 (standalone) and Framework 4.5 if you got apps which depend on it. When installed, try running windows update again. It worked for me.:biggrin:

I'll still do fresh install as I originally said to prevent hiccups once I backed up my from my PC.

12. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I'm so sick of 8008005, it's lately been guaranteed to occur on a clean installation for at least one update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I would. A clean install is always best and best to do it before you waste time tweaking a problematic system.

14. ammoh

ammoh MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2012
    From what I read online about this error, you should try to re install it with the repair install option. See if that works. Remember to back your files before doing this as this will erase everything from your computer.