Imaging software???

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by lucky777, May 25, 2011.

1. lucky777

lucky777 MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm looking to be able to setup and configure a new laptop the way I need it, Image it and load that image to multiple other PC's of the same model. I would like to be able to load the image to a HDD and load image to all the other PC's. Any suggestions and software recommendations would be appreciated.

2. lucky777

lucky777 MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2009
    I actually have tried it using Acronis True Image Home. I created a clone of the drive and it did work proper. I could boot from the cloned drive; however there was no option to boot and transfer contents to the laptop drive. Did I miss something? I chose the "clone drive" option.

3. todo

todo MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I think what Macrium Reflect Free it's one solution. It's easy and fast.

1. Install your system
    2. Install macrium reflect free
    3. Build your image in external hdd
    4. Use Linux based Rescue CD, and it's possible Network access and full GUI

Similar to Acronis, acrsn solution

4. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I used Acronis on usb stick. Works very good. Recently is switched to Active boot disk suite, its based on win pe and contains imaging software, recover delete files, restore windows password and other stuff. you can download the latest version for free if you google ;)

5. PurplebeanZ

PurplebeanZ MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2010
    R-Drive image is very good - saved me a lot of hassles I've had with Acronis.

Clonezilla is a good free alternative, although it might be a bit daunting depending how techy you are.

6. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I use Clonezilla on all my machines. Be they Windows or Linux distros. I first started using the program under XP for Windows 7 has its own imaging software.
    Clonezilla is free and not the most user friendly but has proven dependable in my exploits. I have yet to have an image or clone fail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. netizen

netizen MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    I am using Acronis True Image Home for last two years, excellent piece of software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    I use Acronis True Image; it is a very good software :cool:.

9. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#10 =)(=, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    I use ShadowProtect recovery enviroment now. Good compression/speed. It does not have any application to create an bootable usb, but you can use petousb to put it on usb.

10. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    #11 evlad, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  11. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    I´m searching for a Disk Imaging Tool that restores to dissimilar software.
    What is the best one payed or free ?

12. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    If you have access to an active directory, you can do this with Windows Deployment Services feature.

If your a home user, cloning would be the best option