Immersive Background Color Setting...

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moderate, Oct 31, 2012.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #1 moderate, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Hello...
    ...I need some help with color settings of background when system starts, maybe somebody will know...

...when I start Windows, I have disabled lock screen and set autologon, so there are three phases:

1. background turns to this gray below, this setting is same for screens: Welcome, Shut Down Windows, Restart Windows, Configuring Updates... (in Windows 7 it is not the single color but light-blue graphic with green leaf and white bird, in Windows 8 it is just gray and I think, it can't be changed easily as it is part of the theme probably)
    gray.png
    img07.jpg
    2. then background turns to blue below as some general system setting for all users
    blue.png
    3. Then login starts and background turns to color defined in Immersive Control Panel (PC Settings) for the concrete user...
    I have defined same gray as in step 1
    gray.png

So the screen is for the steps above:
    1. grey, 2.blue, 3.gray...

And thing is, I want to unite all these steps to single color. To make it more simple to gray from step 1.
    The color from step 3 can be set easily via Immersive Control Panel (PC Settings), so the actual question is in which registry key is the system default (All Users) blue color from phase 2 set as I want change it to that gray above?

Thanks for any answers... :)

2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    I was able to change the color for system account but this is only flickering for a tiny moment.
    I can't find an option for either embedded to change the background color.

Searching the registry for 0 25 64 (rgb) color brought no result.

3. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #3 moderate, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    So, after all, KNARZ has found this nice reg setting, which can be used to change login screen background for all users:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent]
    "DefaultColorSet"=dword:00000002
    Here are some values:
    2 = gray
    6 = purple
    8 = blue
    12 = lighter blue
    14 = lighter green
    16 = pink
    18 = lighter gray

I am adding it to "my" W8 mod-pack below. :))

So by setting it to gray, the colors can be united nicely now. :)

4. DM-moinmoin

DM-moinmoin MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2012
    *ot*
    pssst KNARZ see the picture on msfn :p

edit Windows Fan was faster.