Impossible Login in normal mode - WLAN bad configuration

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ids_nour, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ids_nour

ids_nour MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2008
    Hello

Unable to Login in normal mode Windows XP Pro TOSHIBA Satellite P100.
    I can only access my Laptop under XP in safe mode.
    I have my Windows password.
    What happened : I have tryed to update my LAN card drivers and i set the access to check connexion. Bad configuration.

I cannot update my wireless driver in safe mode, not permitted, and i can't login in normal mode as the driver is not appropriately installed.

When i have the windows XP Pro login i type my password and click OK.
    The Login window stays on the screen i cannot go any further, I can only power down with the power button.
    The system must be checking the wireless card and as i cannot configure it I am blocked.

And when i access in safe mode i cannot update the wireless drivers, not allowed in safe mode. I cannot access in safe mode with networking.

Any idea please? :) Thx for ur help

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    while in safe mode, maybe system restore?? I dont like this personally, but it seems a logical fix.

-JUST AN IDEA.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    I would try to uninstall the driver in device manager in safe mode and reinstall it after rebooting in normal mode. If it won't permit you to uninstall it, maybe you can temporarily disable it.

I'm not a big fan of system restore either but it might be handy in this case.

4. ids_nour

ids_nour MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2008
    Not allowed to

Thx for your answer. It doesn't work I am not alloowed to uninstall it in safe mode.Even if I have the admin's password, the policy doesn't allow to uninstall that protection in safe mode.:(

5. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Lan

Is yours a company laptop that is normally linked to a domain?

Monk