in talking with a ms person online they said office 2010 keys only good for one use??

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by armada, Apr 24, 2010.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    they said you will get 10 keys but this time each is only good for one activation??? anyone confirm this with their single key they got so far??

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sendblink23

sendblink23 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    yes that is true

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    so that sucks. if i need to format and reinstall then what? that really does suck..

4. sendblink23

sendblink23 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    #4 sendblink23, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    sorry

Well if you are an MSDN user you will get 10 keys after April 30th. So get your hands on some other keys

or wait for an offline activator

5. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    You can backup your tokens before you reinstall and then restore it.

6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    yeah but what about hardware changes?? the token tool i was told does not work with hardware changes only same hardware reinstall's i upgrade all the time...the current office 2007 technet keys are good for 10 activations so they changed this for the office 2010 version??

7. sendblink23

sendblink23 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    simple "wait for an offline activator"

8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    so wait how are people saying they have a msdn key that has had multiple activations i am seeing that a lot of places that after they used it so many times on multiple systems it has exceeded the number of activations??

9. sendblink23

sendblink23 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    you certainly are confused, the KEY ONLY WORKS FOR 1 ACTIVATION ONLY

You can still use it to install it as many times as you want... but you will need an offline activator.. to ofcourse make it activated.. since the key is already used.... it needs to be faked activated

or simply get your hand on newer keys when available

Armada, just simply download the VL Select RTM version has already been cracked activated, the Professional Pro Plus inside of it is exactly the same as the MSDN version released yesterday April 22nd.

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i dont want the hassle on these systems i want to install it on to reactivate every 180 days. they are in my business office and i not only bought technet for win7 but knowing that office 2010 was coming and i would get those keys also.

11. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Armada, have you tried activating on more than one computer yet. I will try on a second computer here in my shop but I am confident that it is still 10 distinct activations per key.

12. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    no not yet as i only have the one key so far and i dont want to kill it or anything since i need it.

13. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I have activated my key 2 times, on two test computers. One 32 bit and one 64 bit. These keys function the same as any other technet retail key.

14. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Prove it, I categorically dispute that claim

15. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I spoke on the phone with TN customer support, told them I wanted to use my one key to test on several computers. I was assured that one key can be activated on 10 distinct activations (subsequent activations on the same computer do not count towards the total). I thanked the guy, hung up and installed it on a second bench computer with no problems. I intend on installing it a third time on another bench computer after the first one has been activated at least 24 hours.

And no, I am not burning up activations for this, I intended on installing it on these three computers anyway, at least for a while. The message here is don't be worried about over activating your one key, just guard it with your life. There have already been some leaked keys and you know those are going to be blocked.

16. gt2554

gt2554 MDL Junior Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Edd, you've gone above and beyond to sort this one out. Thank you!

17. gt2554

gt2554 MDL Junior Member

Apr 3, 2010
    #17 gt2554, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    Armada, You can't believe everything the Microsoft Technet support people say in the online chat. Some of them are completely f**king clueless and give incorrect answers. It's gotten to the point now that I don't even bother asking them any questions. I am really dissatisfied with Technet support services.

Technet subscriptions are a mismanaged mess. This programs manager should be fired. Many products need to be updated, the online support is lacking, the forums are worthless, the the Microsoft Learning benefit has malfunctions. The downloads and product keys are the only thing that works correctly and if you have any questions you have to sort them out yourself through online research and testing.

18. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Installed it and activated on 3 computers all sitting on the bench. Works good. I am going to have to uninstall one of them and reinstall the 32 bit version to compare memory usage but that activation should not count towards the total. I do wish they had a tool like VAMT that could check retail keys so I don't accidentally over activate a key.

19. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude, I have made a backup tool for office 2010. I don't know if it will work on other systems though. I have not really tested it cause I don't have a real key. If that is a problem why don't you just buy a MAK key for office 2010? I know it cost's money but that way you can activate more then one computer.

20. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    yeah im hoping they dont count either. BUT i uninstalled the 64 on one system to test the 64 version and i DID have to re-activate it. so ill bet im out 4 on this key. i just hope we end up actually getting 10 total 2010 keys as we only have one now. they say we will get more on april 30th but who knows..

i can also confirm the key works on 3 different systems all activated fine. as i said i actually used the key 4 times now due to having to reinstall to test. for me the 32 bit one performs better overall using less memory even when the apps are just open sitting there.