Inari 5 32bit and 64bit UEFI bios files

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by minipower, Oct 24, 2016.

1. minipower

minipower MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    I have a nextbook flexx 10 that has an InsydeH2O 32bit UEFI. I'm here fishing to see if these UEFI bios files can help to get a 64bit UEFI bios compatible for this tablet.

The bios files are for this tablet --htt*p://ww*w.aavamobile.com/en/products/vertical-devices/119-inari5-en--
    There is a 32bit and 64bit bios file for the same tablet

Both the nextbook flexx and inari5 have the bay trail atom processor and similar hardware

32bit bios --htt*p://ww*w120.zippyshare.com/v/JCIebHd1/file.html--

64bit bios --htt*p://ww*w72.zippyshare.com/v/X3tQ03Tg/file.html--

2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. minipower

minipower MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    #3 minipower, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    (OP)
    From what I understand is what is holding linux back from being complete, is drivers. I have read a few projects getting a few linux distributions running and being stopped only because the needed driver need to either be written or ported. It looks like androidx86 versions are pretty close. I remember their being issues with sound.

I remember scanning through that link you provided. I understand why it has a 32bit bios and that the tablet companies don't really have a reason to pay for a 32bit and 64bit version for the same operation system. But looks like atleast 1 company has.

I read on XDA that the android version of the flexx -- nextbook aires -- has a 64bit bios. They both have the same hardware, just OS

I also have 2 model versions RD and RU of the inari10 bios and maybe more importantly a bios update to 64bit from 32bit. It has a bios_update.bin and a txe_update.bin

4. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. minipower

minipower MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    Interesting.
    I'm glad the issues are getting worked out. Gives us the chance to take ownership of our device