Increase my download speed

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by we.ddevs, Jun 24, 2013.

1. we.ddevs

we.ddevs MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    Hello I am posting here first time just wanted to know can I increase my download speed by any means?(sorry for bad English) :worthy: I am having a very low speed of around 15-20 kbps, can I increase it anyway??

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #2 Humphrey, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    A little more information would be helpful.

First, what internet service plan do you have? As in what is your download speed by what the ISP says.
    If you look at your plan you will see it, make sure to post correctly the capitalization it uses.

1MB is NOT the same as 1Mb.

Second, are you over wifi? if so, how far away are you from it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. we.ddevs

we.ddevs MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    yes I am very sorry that I have not mentioned all the things my ISP is BSNL India my plan is of 1 mbps speed with the download speed of around 512 kbps but I am only getting around 40 kbps and also I am on broadband connection. I have contacted them several times but in vain they only increase my download speed for a few days then it again falls down to 40-60 kbps. Can anyone help me out? Well THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Well if contacting them about this helps to increase but then falls back down afterwards I would say they are limiting your connection and that you should contact someone more powerful in the ISP to get support. You could also try threatening to disconnect service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. we.ddevs

we.ddevs MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    thanks

thank you very much:D

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011