Increase Remote TCP Connection Limit for Win10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MrChris, Nov 15, 2020.

1. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    #1 MrChris, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    I remember there being a few different patch type tools that would path some tcp.sys file or something on older version of windows that would allow more than 10 or 20 or whatever remote connections to windows client os. Are there any of them that still work or ways around the limit on recent versions of win10?

I have a win10 pro home server that has a bunch of share folders that are mapped to a few different other clients pcs that complain about the remote host/server being limited etc..

One this I did notice is that it seems to be only limiting Windows Clients. *nix clients mounting shares via CIFs doesnt seem to complain.

Thanks,

MC

2. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Switch to windows 10 rdsh to have unlimited rdp

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. I thought that was more for Multiple Remote Desktop sessions? RDP isnt the issue. Mapping multiple Drive Shares to Win10 from multiple Win10 clients is. TBH I havent really messed with rdsh really at all. Iv just read very little about it. Was hoping to avoid reinstalling the os as its been inplace for several years now and just been updating along the years with new updates etc..If the only option is to reinstall the os then I might as well just switch to WinServer or *nix. It was just that win10 had more compatibility with some of the apps and stuff I have running in the background of my win10 server box.

Thanks again,

~MC

4. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Found this:

5. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    Thanks. Funny thing is that's basically what im currently doing only with a physical *nix box. lol. Was hoping to avoid relying on vm/box in the middle. But I well. Maybe its time to move some of my stuff to *nix. Thanks again.

~MC