Increase volume on weak laptop speakers w/ Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    You can boost the sound by 200%

1. Right click on "speak icon" on the right corner of the display
    2. Click "Playback devices"
    3. Under Playback Tab, click "Speaker -HD Audio Device" and then click "Properties"
    4.Under Enhancements Tab, check on "Loudness Equalization", then click OK

The only con is there is more distortion at max volume. At 50-75% volume works fine
    This option works great for headphones and external speakers too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Nice tip, didn't realize windows 7 had built in loudness equalization :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    yup amazing guys, my laptop for example has very low voice this helps big time

4. yaluza1967

yaluza1967 MDL Member

Jun 6, 2009
    after try this tips, the result is false for me.

after check Loudness Equalization, the sound decrease :eek:

anyway thanks

5. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    That's very strange.....what results did you guys get?

6. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    The sound decreased on mine too but it seemed to sound fuller, i guess.

7. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Same here a slight decrease in sound,don't know why..
    Anyways good tip,may help someones..

8. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I think the best method to boost volume on laptop is to attach external speakers

9. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Install this:
    Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (at sourceforge)
    and this:
    Matrix Mixer (it's on sourceforge too) < install with "run as administrator" on vista/7
    Load media file in MPC, then on menu got to Play > Filters > MatrixMixer. There are more options and way more volume boost/leveling than VLC ever thought about. I can't believe more people don't know about this.

Attached Files:

10. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    personnaly, on all my computers i always install "SRS Premium Sound", i can say the sound become incomparable from the original sound
    its not free but u easily find the OEM version which is fully fonctionnal and doesnt need any activation

11. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    idsk, I installed SRS Audio Sandbox and the sound is way better now, so thanks for that. I still have to use VLC with 200% volume for a boost or MPC-HC with Matrix Mixer for for the most boost control, but I'm giving you a thanks anyway.

12. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Update: I just found something that works great for volume boost and audio enhancement that also works with srs audio sandbox too. It's called Breakaway Audio Enhancer and works at the sound driver level so it works with everything. Flash videos, media players, everything. This is awesome. Don't know if I can link to it, so just google it.

13. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    new link here: xxx.4shared.com/get/O_1Ge9L8/Breakaway_Audio_Enhancer_v1300.html

replace xxx with www ;)

14. blessmanlessenne

blessmanlessenne MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    Besides converting video audio formats, idealshare videogo also helps to increase audio volume in video or audio files

It can easily help:

• Increase audio volume of all popular audio formats like increase MP3 volume, increase WAV volume, increase WMA volume, or increase sound volume in AC3, FLAC, M4A, VOC, QCP, AMR, AWB, OGG, CAF, AIFF, RA, AU, APE, and etc
    • Boost the sound volume from video files like increase MP4 volume, increase AVI volume, boost the sound volume from other video formats including WMV, MOV, MPG, FLV, 3GP, VOB, MKV, ASF, RMVB, AVCHD, MXF, DV, and etc
    • Extract audio from video and then convert to audio format as well as increase the audio volume
    • Increase audio volume as well as convert to other audio formats
    • Increase video volume as well as convert to other video formats
    • Remove audio from video files like MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, FLV, MPG, 3GP, MOV and etc

15. bekoutsis

bekoutsis MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2013
    I just registered to say i did exactly as you said but instead fo making louder the speackers it was lowered and ass soon as i undid the option it became louder as welll :S why is that?

16. bekoutsis

bekoutsis MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2013
    im downloading it right now i hope it works

17. heckya

heckya MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2013
    Thank you it increased mt sound by 100%

18. luke123

luke123 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2013
    Works on mine. Many Thanks!

19. willyj

willyj MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2013

thanks for this small guide! I'll try it at home on my notebook. Do you guys have any thoughts how this feature implemented influences the battery usage? Does it ends up faster with this feature adjusted?