Individual vob files

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by aCres, Jan 26, 2009.

  1. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    #1 aCres, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. HMonk

    HMonk MDL Addicted

    Nov 3, 2008
    612
    7
    30
    L.M Sorry Sir Monk??

    Moi? Qu'est ce que c'est?

    Monk
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    I did not response or say a simple thanks

    I did not response or say a simple thanks about your reply regarding my query before. Anyway thanks.


    Best Regards,

    aCres
     
  4. HMonk

    HMonk MDL Addicted

    Nov 3, 2008
    612
    7
    30
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    #5 aCres, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    (OP)
    AVI works better

    L.M. I assume as Last Message:)
    L.M. or PS

    "I would not burn VOB files to DVD; in my hands, AVI works better". Can i play in my home dvd player eventhough the file extension is video clip? What I mean is my finish product dvd, is avi file? I dont know this one, maybe I stick on idea that dvd compliant is vob files.
    Converting flv's to avi in not an issue to me, am hardly find the solution of creating a dvd movie from my flv's file.


    aCres
     
  6. HMonk

    HMonk MDL Addicted

    Nov 3, 2008
    612
    7
    30
    Got it - Thanks

    Keep those cards and letters coming. Glad to help.

    In re-reading my early AM post, I may have been a little imprecise.

    First off, I do not mean to condemn VOB files; when I said "what works best for me" I would have been better off saying that I have little success and, therefore, little experience with VOB files.

    Secondly, I almost never use WMP. But, before I make assumptions, is WMP what you are using to view the VOB discs? I ask because, out of the box, WMP cannot play MPEG-2 formats; if you want to remain branded, you have to BUY the DVD Decoder pack from MS. On the other hand, you say that some of the DVDs are playable so perhaps you are using a different viewer.

    When I say that VLC will play anything, what I am saying is that VLC already comes bundled with the codecs necessary to play most anything - right out of the box.

    Based on my quick search of the Net re VOB formats, there is some evidence of "issues." Concomitantly, the recommendations seem to favor VLC. Whether VLC is any better or worse than any other player is not an issue for me. Nor is AVI v. VOB files. It's just that over the years, I tend to settle on what works best for me (an approach that minimizes my cursing).

    If you do not have it, I would suggest you experiment with VLC. If it works, great; use your VOB discs. If it does not work, try converting the VOB (or original FLV) files to AVI and try playing with VLC. If you still have issues, since VLC has such a good reputation in its ability to play most anything, I would then review my burning parameters - slowing down the burn rate for starters. By the way, what is your burner? It's off subject but I use two DVD burners: both SATA LiteOn - one Light scribe, both dual layer. I only mention that in case you find yourself in the market for a new burner. On the street, they were $30 each and they have proven to be reliable workhorses, especially DVD-to-DVD copy.

    Finally, I think it fair to say that, generally speaking, DVD compliant means that you have the right codecs to play a particular video format with your player. Again, VLC comes bundled with just about anything you need. VLC is also an open source prog and my bias is to support/donate to open source developers, (1) because they have the benefit of the input of thousands of developers world-wide and, (2) they are generous to the point of putting their work on the Net for all to use without charge. Nice folks - and their products are usually great (Open Office comes to mind).

    So, for simplicity sake, try your VOB discs with VLC. Hope this helps.

    Monk
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    Downloading recommended VLC.............

    Downloading VLC...........
    After I finish this, I will let you know.

    Am using Xilisoft DVD creator and Nero 7 as my burners, maybe because i want the job finish fast, i put on fastest burner speed. This maybe the reason why i got failure.

    Anyway, what can you say about my burners? are they good? Your burners are new to me, maybe i will grab this one. Any suggestion?

    Thanks again.

    aCres
     
  8. HMonk

    HMonk MDL Addicted

    Nov 3, 2008
    612
    7
    30
    What DVD drive

    Actually when I said burner I meant whose DVD RW drive (a.k.a. burner). The software you are using are OK, especially Nero.

    Yes, please let me know how VLC handled the discs.

    I never burn DVDs above 4X and often 2X. Slow to be sure but yields no errors for me.

    Monk
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    #9 aCres, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    (OP)
    Everything ok now

    Sorry I goof there.

    I am using DVD +/-Rw as my burner. Whew! everything is ok now, after 3days of working(night only after office hours). Last night i burn 14 shorts of Tom & Jerry using Xilisoft, I use this one because aside of its features 4:3 and 16:9 for aspect ratio there is letterbox, pan scan and fullsreen for resize mode.

    VLC work excellent played my VOB files and dvd movie, thanks for this player sir monk. After all, am very satisfy of its performance. Same i won lottery:D

    Thank you once again.

    aCres
     
  10. urie

    urie Moderator
    Staff Member

    May 21, 2007
    8,646
    3,003
    300
    Just for your information vso ConvertxtoDVD can import FLV files you can also add menus and burn to dvd.
     
  11. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    Which is better?

    Xilisoft DVD Creator 14.5MB
    VSO ConvertXtoDVD 3.3.4.107 16 MB
    Nero 7 388 MB


    Hmmmm??? Ill try Vso, thanks for the info.

    aCres
     
  12. HMonk

    HMonk MDL Addicted

    Nov 3, 2008
    612
    7
    30
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. aCres

    aCres MDL Novice

    Dec 15, 2008
    49
    0
    0
    I trust you

    @ Monk

    Maybe am a big fan of yours :). I read one of the thread, you said there you are using avast home, now am using also. You recommend revo uninstaller and now this is my uninstaller, all works fine to me. It is very pleasing using those freewares instead using pirated one, at least were not guilty.

    And now I am interested ("but switched to another when I converted to dual-layer DVDs.") of this software(its free?). Can you give a link?

    Thanks.

    aCres


    PS - Downloading CDBurnerXP.....................
     
  14. HMonk

    HMonk MDL Addicted

    Nov 3, 2008
    612
    7
    30
    #14 HMonk, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. whatitdo2010

    whatitdo2010 MDL Novice

    May 18, 2010
    16
    0
    0
    Not sure if anyone will see this for this being an old post, but I see this was about burning movies and I need a good burner software to burn multiple copies of one movie at once. Plus not adding too many steps. Right now I am using Allok for my burning and Easy AVI at the same time but I was told Nero works. I tried it but it looks like you have to convert the file to ISO so that it will read it but I tried that and it did not work. Any suggestions?
     
  16. urie

    urie Moderator
    Staff Member

    May 21, 2007
    8,646
    3,003
    300
    It is not really burning software you require but a duplicator.