Infected web resource detected.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by janjans, Jun 18, 2014.

1. janjans

janjans MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2013
    Hello everybody,

I've a problem I cannot solve, so maybe someone here who can help me.
    Very frequently I've got the following Virus Scan Event in Bitdefender Total Security 2014.

The event message is:
    Infected web resource detected.
    The application skype.exe accesses a web resource "//go.flx.com/imp? id=......." that has been detected as infected. The web resource has been successfully blocked and your computer is now safe.

I have no idea where is coming from, and it is nice to hear it was blocked.
    However I like to know where it's coming from, and I like to know if my computer (skype in this case) is infected. I like to solve this problem permanently, because I don't like the idea there is something going on in my laptop, even when it is blocked.

Someone who can help?
    Thanks in advanced.
    Regards.

2. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
  3. janjans

janjans MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2013
    #3 janjans, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    (OP)
    Infected web resource

I didn't change or add additional software, so nothing should be installed "extra".
    What I did is the following;Install old HDD image which didn't give the problem before.
    This doesn't help, problem is still there.
    Then I change the default port of skype.
    Also this doesn't help.
    I'm out of ideas what to do next.
    Here a screen shot of the event message.
    Hopefully this gives more info about my problem.

we.tl/fxJo4WP7Te

Thanks[/url] again.

4. Capthat

Capthat MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2014
    #4 Capthat, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Well, that's a browser hijacker. You must have installed this with a free software, there's not any other way to get this.
    What browser are you using?

5. janjans

janjans MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2013
    Hi, I have 3 browser on my laptop, Internet explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
    Chrome is the one I normally use for everyday browsing, firefox for banking etc.
    IE I hardly use.

6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    A lot of these types of problems will get inserted into your programs and settings when you install adware.
    Adware sustains itself by constantly inserting advertisements in your programs on the off chance that you will buy them some day.
    They are usually installed during installation of other programs as an optional thing; sometimes not optional.

You can manually uninstall them usually in the uninstall programs section of control panel, but you'll still have to go around cleaning up search settings, browser addons and removing other popular program additions.

7. Proph

Proph MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    Look in your Programs and Features and sort by date. Look at any applications that may have been installed recently that you do not recognize. It's possible your computer somehow got infected while browsing the internet. I personally am a big fan of ADWCleaner. Scan with it first and see if it finds anything. Next I would recommend Malwarebytes antimalware. Also check your internet explorer settings. Go to the Connections tab and check if the proxy is on and if there is any info in there. If there is remove anything. Also check your C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file for any suspicious content. Run a scan with Kaspersky TDSS killer as well. If you still have trouble I would go to bleepingcomputer.com and ask for assistance on their forum. They may recommend you scan with combofix. Hope this info helps.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...