[INFO - DISCUSSION + Downloads] Windows 10 1809 FINAL b 17763.xxx (PC) [RS5]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Razor001

Razor001 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2012
  2. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    #4542 toyo, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Yes it did. They look pretty much identical with mine. I'll try to reenable TPM see if it works. I'm like 99% that there's no "Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch" in my BIOS (yeah there is, missed it). Weird. Gonna take a look. Also VBS/Mem. Integrity was supposed to require Vt-d. I am confused, but gonna give it a new round of trying.

Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it.

Edit:

Nope, still not working. I even put the RAM on 2133MHz, killed XMP, disabled HT, played with everything in the BIOS, even chassis intrusion, set both Admin and User pssws, reenabled the TPM (for which I have still didn't find any use whatsoever other than looking pretty in Defender). Vt-D on, off, doesn't matter.

At this point I suspect that it could be:
    - my Steelseries Rival 600/Apex M750 mouse+keyboard combo
    - the Samsung 144Hz monitor? Dear lord that would be funny. Have another monitor in the other room but it's huge&heavy and i really don't wanna carry it here.
    - my 2 HDDs that I run besides the SSD? that could be funny too.
    - borked Windows 10 install. it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not touching it until 19H1 reaches RTM (if that will still happen), since it's actually stable.
    - the Nvidia card, or the services the driver installs, dunno, Nvidia is really jumping the gun with 550MB worth of... stuff getting installed.
    - VMWare. I would suspect this first, but sadly I know for a fact getting the same message while I was using just HyperV and VMware was not on the PC.

It doesn't depend on TPM, as I have that disabled in VM and MI still activates.

Maybe, just maybe I could get it to work if I would take out all the "additional" stuff like the GPU, use some other keyboard/mouse that doesn't require drivers, take out the 2 HDDs,and reinstall Win 10 fresh. Don't thin kit's worth the effort just for MI though. Not to mention I can force it through the registry.

I do admit though, the curiosity of knowing WHY the UI toggle doesn't work is kinda eating at me, I don't like when tech is not obedient :/

3. Xariwey

Xariwey MDL Junior Member

Mar 26, 2017
    @Razor001 @toyo

The only issue similar that i found in 1 of my pcs a Z87a mobo wich freezes and sometimes even crashes the problem its with the Intel Raid/Sata controller drivers and this issue is persistent since 1803 i think CU of oct/nov myabe cant really recall and still present on 1809, i had to go with the MS generic drivers u can easy found the issue on event viewer as a system warning or system error "iaStorA", i really though this error was only present on older mobos 87 & 97 chipsets gen3 and gen4 cpus mobos.

in any case if this is ur issue just manually switch drivers form console device manager, and fully uninstall Intel RST <- not really necesary but will avoid getting message error on iRST Service could not start, etc etc.

4. Ahsan

Ahsan MDL Addicted

Dec 3, 2009
    it is not an OEM key as my laptop came without any OS , since i am a professor ( instructor ) so my university gave me a MAK key from university to use , which i used to permanently activate my windows 10 enterprise RS5 machine :)
    OEM keys are generally burned in UEFI and tools can extract them.

5. Ahsan

Ahsan MDL Addicted

Dec 3, 2009
    the report says i have a valid digital license.
    "This computer has a valid Digital/Store License."

6. Razor001

Razor001 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2012
    I guess it could be something related to VMware, because when I have enabled Core Isolation enabled I can't use Hardware virtualization on Virtualbox. I guess just one or the other can use it at a time.

Yeah, i had this same issue and it was fixed that way using windows generic drivers for RST. @toyo doesn't have it because he's using RST drivers without the whole Intel software Package, thing that I haven't tried.

7. Xariwey

Xariwey MDL Junior Member

Mar 26, 2017
    #4549 Xariwey, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Ahh good to know that so the issue is maybe only in the software not in the drivers, its seems its time for some beta testing, i mean insider time.

Edit:
    RAID Mode - Most recent IRST Only Drivers, from both sourcers Intel and Mobo Manufacturer dosnt properly work, funny thing MS use intel drivers for Raid controller a version not listed on intel download center and those has a very lower rate of issues compared to the other ones i tested, so maybe theres other drivers versions that should work fine.

AHCI Mode - Tested with most recent IRST Only Driver from intel and worked fine.

Hope this info helps others, since im pretty sure this issue has something to do with MS, some fix or update embeded in the CU, since i have already done a few test with a fresh install 1803 with 0 updates and works fine, is just after u apply the updates that the issues start.

8. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    LTSC N 1809?? Where to get it? Was it even released?

9. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    The LTSC 17763.1 iso release has it, the .107 release does not.

10. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958 has it.

11. stefan7

stefan7 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    how come december build is not uploaded on tb adguard?

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  13. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    tb adguard only deals with techbench links, and dec refresh iso was released on mvs not on tb,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    does MS have any plans to add windows sandbox to this build:confused:

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Afik, MSFT never adds new features on existing official builds, 19H1 will probably get it, but no-one can tell for sure.

16. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    You can always HyperV in 1809, although I guess installing Windows might turn off some. But it's far better having a VM with snaphsots and everything compared to just this small sandbox. There must be some VHDs (maybe) with Windows already installed too if one doesn't wanna use an iso.

17. Razor001

Razor001 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2012
    Well maybe the issue is really with the drivers... Installed IRST drivers only on my PC and the issue is back (Mini-freeze then audio jack notification). From what I experienced it looks its something related with ODD's after some time in low power mode on the HDD's because whenever it happens I can hear like when the HDD start to spin up and also the ODD on my PC do the same thing even when there's no disk on them. @toyo do you have any ODD on your PC? asking because you don't have this problem, but have a pc very similar to mine.

18. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    #4560 toyo, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Unsure what's an ODD. So I guess I don't have one. Also don't have any issues with the Intel RST 16.8 drivers (no software, installed from Device Manager), have 1xSamsung 850 EVO 500GB and 2x1TB HDDs. I disabled power saving on HDDs as I've heard that it affects the mechanical engine parts in time (because of the spin up/down when they resume from inactivity) and one of the HDDs is kinda old. No jack notifications either, at all, now using the last .8606 RTK driver, have 2 Yamaha HS80M monitors hooked up on the back panel jack though an XLR to RCA cable to an RCA to minijack adapter (not even joking, but these are the joys of putting together PCs and stuff from whatever you have).
    My only "issue" is with the Defender not wanting to turn on Mempry Integrity through the UI toggle, but I guess that's a lost cause. Will see with 19H1 when I install it cleanly without anything on the PC, not worth reinstalling 1809 since it's very stable and offers good performance.
    Edit: no optical drive