Info On Plus Pack For Acronis True Image 2011

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by TECHNOMAN, Oct 8, 2010.

1. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Any member have any experiance with the plus pack for acronis true image 2011
    i know if you are running windows 7 you also need Microsoft Windows AIK which can be downloaded from microsoft

my question is what if any are the main uses of the plus pack & is worth the extra cost

any info on this would be helpfull

thanks

2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Nope not worth it......it functions just fine with no additions...

Plus the 2010 version is much better and stable restoring backups from my experience

I use Acronis True Image Home 2010 13 Build 6053

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Only worth it if you are doing bare metal installs, i,e, image your system and transfer to another machine. Not normally needed for normal user and also you don't need to download WAIK before Plus Pack you could pay for add-on called Universal Restore but this was not available to normal home editions of TrueImage.

4. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Thanks for the replys from matrix leader & urie
    But some help & advice please
    tried acronis & not really had any problems when it comes to backing up & restoring also tried a beta version of acronis true image 2011 seem ok to so what is the advantages of the 2011 over 2010 version as my friend is the one who is thinking of buying the 2011 version with the plus pack
    also is Macrium Reflect any good & as any member here got any experiance with this software

5. dunc1234

dunc1234 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2010
    hi, i bought the plus pack with acronis 11 for the specific reason of upgrading my pc but keeping all the programs and settings, if you do a system image and stick it on a new pc, the hard drive will crash (99 out of 100) in xp you could reinstall over it to fix but vista and 7 put in a folder called windows old. the plus pack does (from what i gather) a universal install of the harddrive drivers but NOT any other drivers, so at least it will transfer your image and the pc will start up ok, this keeps activation of your software and all your software and settings intact, BUT you do have to install the mobo drivers and any other device drivers which are in with the new build. for the amount of time involved for me to redo this from scratch was a big ball ache so for me it was worth the money, but generally i prefer the acronis 2008 interface. i've also had issues with the acronis one touch continual back up crashing on win 7. hope thats of help.