info please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by noddy, May 7, 2008.

1. noddy

noddy MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    hi folks have just joined up and site looks ok this is my first post so please excuse me if i stuff up as being new to all this tech stuff is a bit daunting
    well here goes i have been given a vista ultimate edition integrated jan 2008 from thailand
    it says no serial or activation needed
    i have been lookig around different forums and all say its ok to install but check to see if i have slic(whatever that is)i ran everst and found i had no such thing on pc ,now for the big question what is it ,how do i get it ,how do i install it.hope i have tried to explain my self properly
    my mob saysASUS P5VD2-X
    if thats any help
    thank you
    noddy

2. noddy

noddy MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    i see no one has a answer to my question thats ok i will bid you adieu and search for answers else where

3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #3 petar, May 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. noddy

noddy MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    thank you petar for reply but i am still none the wiser so will just leave it for now
    might have to ask a few friends if they know what to do as for myself not enough confidence to even try
    once again many thanks

5. zebra14

zebra14 MDL Novice

May 5, 2008
    #5 zebra14, May 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Basically you find a BIOS for your motherboard that has been modded which identifies your mobo as a Dell (or Asus, whatever you can find). Update your BIOS, then look for the Dell product key and the certificate file, add them using the proper commands as indicated in the links above, and you should have an activated Vista.

See my noob thread here: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/2076

This thread is very informative:

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/283

6. noddy

noddy MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    thanx all the same for info have read posts etc but still to much for this 60yr old so going to leave it
    once again many thanx