Information On M$ Office 2013 Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Three Lions, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Please be gentle with me as i`m 73yrs of age & the brain takes a little while to take in info these days

I have been browsing through this site for a couple of days now & finally Joined today which went like a dream

I have the iso of M$ Office 2013 retail which i would like to install & activate

Once i install can this be only activated by phone metod
    Can i backup my activation & can that be transfer to another system

From reading some other post on this site can office retail be activated on windows 8.1 as it seems the volume version does not run as that uses something called kms

My wife as a laptop with genuine windows 8 on it & she will wait until she can get windows 8.1 via a update

So to sum up can Office retail be activated on any system running windows 7,8,8.1
    Can activation be backup & be transfer to another system
    Sorry if this question as been ask before
    If so just delete my post
    But if someone could point me in right direction
    it would help me out alot
    Fantastic Site i put straight into my favorites

2. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  3. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks for that but is the link you offered office retail as i wish to activate that version if possible ,as ive read some info here about vl activation with something called tool kit
    But as i said in previous post my wife as windows 8 genuine & will be upgrading to Windows 8.1 when offered as a update via something called store & would also like to run Microsoft Office Pro Plus on her system & i assumed that Vl cant be activated on win8.1 or have i got that wrong
    So could we activate office retail just once via phone on my pc & transfer to my wife laptop & would this stay activated when my wife switches to win 8.1
    Or do we have to activate it twice via phone
    Hope you can help me & any when will win8.1 be released
    Thank you
    I`m learning so much here
    ps: is the link you gave for 32 or 64 office
    Thanks again

4. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  5. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks for the info on that about retail & keys that could soon be blacklisted

But with yr advice you recommend the vl edition & the tool kit to activate
    What tool do I need to backup my activation
    Also if I do go for the vl edition when my wife does changed her windows8 pre-install to windows 8.1 will her office still be activated
    Thanks for helping me it is much appreciated

I take it the links you supply are for the volume edition in 32bit & 64Bit
    Thanks for those also & the link to the tool kit

6. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  7. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks again for your help
    I try & install Office Pro Plus 32 bit on my desktop & used Microsoft Toolkit 2.49 to activate it worked fine thank you
    But now i have a problem i cant backup the activation with Microsoft Toolkit 2.49 . The option you show to backup does not appear when i click the option at the bottom after Credits Readme
    But if i choose the windows option the backup option is their, is that the one i need to use & does that backup activation for the version of windows install on the system & the activation of Office install
    If so does that mean they share the same way to activate. As from what Ive read on this site winxp win 7 & win8 activate a different way it seems Microsoft tighten up on activation on windows 8(is that correct)
    Also can the Microsoft Toolkit cause any damage to the system & is the activation of office permanent
    I have not tried to add office pro plus to my wife's genuine windows 8 laptop as she is concern about keeping her genuine activation & thinks that she will lose it (any help about that would be useful)
    So if my wife lets me install office pro plus x64 on her laptop while she`s running windows 8 i assume i can activate it using Microsoft Toolkit 2.49
    & backup that system activation
    But when my wife upgrades to Windows 8.1 Will that keep her genuine Windows 8 activation & the Office one also
    Sorry for the long question but need to be sure
    I`am very grateful for the help & info you have gave me & you have taken the time to help me
    THANK YOU

8. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  9. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    I have found the thanks button & used that
    Just some more info please slightly of topic
    My wife as a laptop as i said with windows 8 pre-install she also as something called Windows Media Center install she told me her brother install it with a genuine free key

I notice on this site that windows 8.1 appears to available is that genuine as i thought it is not released yet
    so if we use one of those or wait till its released through something my wife calls store, will it activate
    Also the windows 8.1 that appears on this site be used to do something called fresh install
    My neighbour told me you can only activate windows 8.1 if you have genuine key is that correct & How would my wife do that to keep everything activated Her licence currently states i think windows 8 pro with media center So that should change to windows 8.1 pro with media center as she as the key she got from her brother

I assume the licence from 1 pc cant be used on another

The reason i ask is my wife's laptop seems very smooth running & I`m considering buying a new pc that running windows 8.1(when they appear in my local Pc world)
    But then as you said before office can`t as yet be activated on windows 8.1

Sorry to ask you about windows 8.1
    But you seem very knowledgeable about things

10. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  11. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    Thank you AlexAlba

I will take your advice & wait till October before my gets windows 8.1

I also wait till then before i buy a new pc system so i can see how it works on my wife`s laptop

I will hope that someone comes up with a way to activate Microsoft Office Pro Plus on a system running windows 8.1

Once again i thank you for the help & advice you have given me
    Bye
    From Three Lions

12. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    Hi can you advise me if there is a iso of Microsoft Office Pro Plus 32/64 Combined If so can you point me in the right direction or info how to make one

Hope you don't mind

13. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  14. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    #15 Three Lions, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    (OP)
    Can Microsoft Toolkit 2.49 convert it to volume I`m sure I read on this site that Toolkit can convert Office Retail To Volume (If I`m wrong I`m sorry)
    But only trying to help Just Check You Can Change The Channel From Retail To Volume Then Make Your Own Iso
    Click the office button then click customize setup from the top of the menu Then search for your setup file & extract & then I notice a tab change channel which I assume is from retail to volume or visa versa (Let me know If it works )
    you have been so helpful to me & my wife
    I`m still considering a new pc when windows 8.1 comes pre-installed
    Ps what is the retail cost of office pro plus in the uk & is it only for 1 pc

15. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  16. Three Lions

Sep 20, 2013
    So no way to have a combined Office Pro Plus 2013 Volume Edition

Yes once my wife as got the genuine release update via windows store to Windows 8.1 & if it runs good & the improvements work well, I Will Buy a New Touchscreen System

Just one thing have you tried Microsoft Windows 8.1 Yet

If So what s your opinion of it

17. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    Nope

Yes, I have.

hmmm.. faster installation and new options to customize the start screen... that's pretty much it... :p

contact me before getting a new PC, so I can tell you which one is best for your needs. (I will have to charge you for that service, Just kidding :p )

college is tough and expensive o_O

Alex

18. yankzinn

yankzinn MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    Can anyone tell me the serial phone activation offline VISIO Pro 2013 and Project Pro 2013?