Inject Product key in UEFI Bios

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Drakelor, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Drakelor

Drakelor MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi all i'd like to insert my custom serial in the bios, just like OEM manifacturers, it's possible at moment?

2. Bezalel

Bezalel MDL Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I'm not even sure what setup will do if it encounters an OEM-COA key in the MSDM table.

Back to your question, I don't know of any tool in the wild that will modify the MSDM table (although it doesn't seem to be so complicated to make one).

3. quid

quid MDL Addicted

Oct 22, 2010
    All the BIOS vendors have tools that let you insert or delete the key from the MSDM table. Most are even public since its really of no benefit except to ODMs/OEMs since the keys are tied to the hardware. Inserting your own won't work.

AMI: AFUDOS/AFUWIN/AFUEFI
    Phoenix: DOSFLASH/WinFlash/ShellFlash
    Insyde: Flas**t/WinFlash/OATool/H2OOAE

4. SWATcyp

SWATcyp MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    Is it still impossible? I want to mod my BIOS(Actually UEFI) file then flash it. My question is concerning Windows 10. I previously used toolkit to mod my bios for my old computer. And created a custom oem install disc. I want to know how it is with Windows 10. Some laptops come with OS preinstalled. Keys embedded to UEFI. And in the first time it is connected to the internet it activates. I am asking that is that product key belongs to a specific laptop/user? So that it has no difference using a purchased key. Or is it a OEM key where it is all same in that brand of laptops/motherboards? My guess is Microsoft abandonned that OEM key thing. But i was not sure. Can anyone elaborate? Thanks.

In addition: If i have a genuine product key how can i insert it into UEFI?

5. Ferenc Veres

Ferenc Veres MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2019
    Hello,
    Can someone help me ? I try to inject/insert OA3.0 MS key to Lenovo phoenix and insyde bios.
    Unfortuanetly, I have an insydeh2o utility, but it not works. the utility name is h2ooae-w.exe.

Can someone help me with a tool to inject key into bios ?

Thanks in advance.

6. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    This isn't the place for BIOS mods but lucky for you this forum has an entire sub-forum dedicated to the topic.

Poke around in here and see if your BIOS has already been modded and for links to relevant tools and discussions, and if not, post a request in the requests forum.

7. Ferenc Veres

Ferenc Veres MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2019
    Hi,

Yes I am trying these tools about 3 days. Unfortuanetly, these are not worked. :(

8. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    So go post in the BIOS mods forum. This is the Windows 10 discussion board. Follow the link I gave to you and look around and by look around I of course mean search for others having your issue or just read the thread containing the tool you are using and maybe you will learn something.

9. Ferenc Veres

Ferenc Veres MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2019
    ok thanks

10. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    No problem! This thread was started as a theoretical discussion of altering MSDM tables, not SLIC tables and shouldn't even be in this sub-forum.

11. Ferenc Veres

Ferenc Veres MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2019
    The OA3.0 process is inject the MS keys into ACPI MSDM table.

12. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    Doesn't matter bro this is still the wrong forum.