Input Lag since Windows 10 1709

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Andrw0830, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    Since Windows 1709, using Intel HD Graphics 630 with NVidia 1050ti, has started producing some input lag when doing certain functions. These include: right-clicking on the Desktop causes at least a 1 second mouse delay and lag before the context menu appears, launching certain apps like Google Chrome and if you are watching a video and perform the above steps to reproduce, the video will stutter for the same duration the mouse lag is visible.

From using google, I found that disabling the Nvidia video driver from Device Manager or connecting a display through HDMI fixes the issue. Tried different driver versions for both Intel/Nvidia (new and old), updating my Dell Inspiron 7567 BIOS, factory reset Windows 10 and even new Windows 10 Insider builds but nothing else worked.

Since the issue has started since the Fall Creator's update and multiple people on the internet are reporting the issue, wanted to post here to see if there is anything I can do within Windows to fix. I did create a feedback to Microsoft about the issue which some people already up-voted. Thanks

2. oneLess

oneLess MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2013
    same here , after an upgrade to 1709 from 1703 via WU
    old computer with DDR2 ,also intel chipset with NVidia GPU, other numbers
    my fix was to do a fresh install of 1709 Pro
    install only intel chipset and all other drivers from WU

3. Soldado11

Soldado11 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2018
    Try to do a fresh install

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    I did do one but same thing. I just noticed Windows released a new Insider build that mentions better control of multi-gpus so maybe they fixed it in that update.

5. Soldado11

Soldado11 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2018
    If you don't mind, you can test LTSB, its okay and without upgrades

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...