Instal XP instead Vista OEM impossible - HEEEELP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kalea, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Kalea

Kalea MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi
    im am desperate because i am trying to instal xp instead a vista on toschiba A200 1n7 notebook and it doesnt work because it doesnt recognize HDD.

I also tried to change it in BIOS but there isnt the possibility to do it.
    I also tried tro burn an integrated disc with SATA drivers but it doesnt boot.
    And since i have nowhere to put floppy disc i dont know what to do anymore.
    Please help.
    Kalea

2. Motoguru

Motoguru MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    I believe you need XP SP3 if your drive is larger than 137 GB.

3. mobile_man

mobile_man MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2010
    Sir Im newbe,,,actually i bought new notebook named GATWAY Models is ZA8 n in it vista installed n it is also coruppted now i want to know how can i convert into win xp sp2 bcoz it does not have CD/DVD drive to install via CD,,,I just used USB_KINGSTEN as bootable drive but not dtecting,,hope u will solve my problem ,,

BR

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I think drivers will be a problem also..you need to set the bios to boot from USB and use a USB drive..preferrably a usb CD/DVD drive..

Best to use the Vista for the driver issue..or W7...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Not a size issue, you need to either slipstream the drivers into the disk, or have a floppy to install them during install..it will ask you to press F6 or similar, then you can install them..with floppy only though..

Easier to slipstream drivers with nlite of similar..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...