Install 8 as dual boot with 7...???

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Rickkins, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    They don't seem to provide an option for that....so how to do it...???

Thanks

2. xsteven77x

xsteven77x MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    Honestly if you don't know how to do that without assistance, you have no business playing around with this.

3. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I was looking at some screenshots of the web installer and it has an option to install Win 8 to a new partition. So it should be there.

4. mad_cow

mad_cow MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2010
    Nice way of helping !!

Next time I'll turn to you.

5. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  6. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    I have a flaky connection so downloaded last night using MS's preview setup tool. I launched it from C: hoping it would lemme install to another partition on the same hdd but nada- if you want to install to anything other than C: you need to create a usb flash drive at least 4 gigs or dvd. After that just boot from the media and as usual.

7. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    Wow...aren't we full of ourselves. I've no doubt you know what you can do with your whiney little opinion...

8. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey hey, that woiked...Thanks.
    Guess ya bonly get that menu by booting from win8 install disk, as opposed to running win8 setup from inside win7.

Thanks again...

9. paul3200

paul3200 Guest

if you want the windows 7 boot menu then you can extract the install.WIM to a partition or VHD and then boot from that worked for WDP and WCP

they both work great :D

10. siggy2xc

siggy2xc MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2011
    Is there anyway to get rid of Windows 8's boot manager and use the one from BIOS? I hate having to start that up, select Windows 7, and wait for my computer to reboot then boot Windows 7...

11. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    this is the way mine works.when i first start my computer i get the original boot screen,but then if i restart it,i get the windows 8 one.maybe selecting the default operating system to start up in windows 7 would work for you.hope that helps

12. mythofuniverse

mythofuniverse MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2010
    As greyaburton said.. jus go into windows 7 and select the default operating system as Windows 7 or change it manually in the boot.ini file..u will get as u wish

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...