Install win 7 64 on a Samsung series 3 Laptop.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stevo, Dec 23, 2012.

1. stevo

stevo MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2012
    Hi, I have just installed win 7 64b bit on my Samsung laptop I had a fresh copy of 64 but no addons etc put the loader on and indstalled it to cut a long story short it was the second attempt the first I tried disabling type4/3 memory etc in the end I switched the HDD in the Bios to Legacy mode 211 came up and the two names matched and after that I was deligjhted to see that it had passed the validation.

After you do that is it safe to switch off the leggacy mode ? anyway one problem system restore does not appear to work if you try accessing it the system will freez up hang. Has anyone else had this.? the volume shadow copy services are running Im on the W7 forum and it might be a coincidence. Also do you have automatic updates on? I have been only getting the important ones but if you don't the system seems to slow more.

Do you still need to uninstall that KB971033 update is that able to detect the loader. My screen goes white when the system hangs. Any ideas thoughts ??:(

2. stevo

stevo MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2012
    #2 stevo, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    (OP)
    I notice this thread is 12 months old but Ill reply anyway, I actually go on the Windows 7 forum and having problems with system restore is a common thing. I think but I am not sure is is related to the KBT971033 update. All those people have a "moody" version of Windows as-well.(although on an "open" forum they cannot say. The Samsungs with the AMD Chipsets seem to be more of a problem I found uniblue driver scanner to be good for that it found better ones all but the video one worked. There is currently a version on you tube with working serials.

If you have any laptop especially Samsung for gods sake do a completely clean install follow the instructions for creating a standard MBR don't remember when you do that it wipes everything all the partitions everything. But its the only way it will work on Samsung.

Change the bios to legacy support only and I do not think you can switch it back because of the driver for the HDD will be different, also you now have a MBR which you cannot change to the newer type

I live in Thailand and I tried putting it on and it was flagged as a counterfeit version of windows before you even got to the networking part where they ask you for the code. I think in the case of Samsung there must be something in the firmware that checks its the only logical explanation.

When I first booted up I was in two minds about uninstalling KBT971033. Wouldn't it look suspicious when the updater checks ? you have to uninstall it and then on the next reboot hide it.

There bound to bring out another one, there's another update 917607 the reason I say suspicious is its not got update for windows next to it just the number.

Now I have had Windows updates switched on and updated everything critical so Ive turned it off and am hoping this is gonna be it.

I have a lot of stuff for work on my system so I would advise everyone to invest in some method of backup.I just bought a 500GB External hard rive.

I set up a sky drive last time and it "synced" everything when my computer crashed I lost EVERYTHING. Dont trust those things for anything important .. Why the Hell would you have a Skydrive if not for backing up important stuff so then why do you then want it downloaded to your local PC whats the effin point? :weeping: Later they are going to charge us for everything storage space maybe even email, I can see it coming.

I suspect Windows 8 there will be no permanent cure there are cracks for 180 days but probably doesnt run on MBR thats why loader won't work. Its an abomination anyway looks like a set piece off ST.

Steve ex Network Eng 7 Years MCSA