Install Win XP Tablet PC edition in a desktop.....

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Tito, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Can anyone help me to install Win XP tablet PC edition in my desktop???????? ;)

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Can you help us with more info ??????????? ;)

Just insert xpcd, start installation, follow instructions and your done?

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Oh, I know this.... but I want to know what key should I enter?????? A OEM:SLP of Tablet PC edition????? As I have a HP tattooed bios, will it be then activated????

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    A biiiiiig bump :smokecowboy:

Just edit the setupp.ini to accept oem serial, use proper oembios set & the generic oem:slp key ~ all done.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    But there is no TPC SP3 edition (other than the slipstreamed one), so I must use an oem SP2 Pro disc ~ right??

6. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
    That's interesting. I tried to do an install on a real tablet pc a few months ago. I used an XP Pro SP3 OEM for the first disc and took the second disc from the Tablet PC Edition 2005 (i.e. at SP2 level), just to see whether it would work. While the installation itself seemed to work flawlessly, the system was nevertheless bugged: The input panel kept crashing right at startup, even without any additional software or drivers applied. I don't remember the exact error, but I figured that it was related to the uneven SP levels of the install discs.

After starting over with a matching disc set of TPC Edition 2005 and installing SP3 to the live system, everything was fine.

Mind you, I didn't use english CDs, but rather localized ones. Maybe that affects the success of mixing the discs, or maybe I just had bad luck. In any case, I stayed with the safe route. :)