Install Windows 7 Ultimate SP0 or wait for Windows 7 SP1? [:-S]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HamidFULL, Aug 10, 2009.

1. HamidFULL

HamidFULL MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    Men!

I have Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 and I'm going to update it to SP2 soon but 7 is released!! :confused:

well, should I keep my updated Vista and wait for more stable, reliable and secure OS like Windows 7 SP1 or put my think in ashcan and go to bed with Windows 7 SP0?! :mad:

PS : Windows 7 has driver problems like Vista @ 2006? [My PC : Q6600 + 4GB + X38 + 4850]

cheers

2. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    7 ALL THE WAY. Vista sucks no matter how many SPs they give it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. techtr

techtr MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I guess Windows 7-RC is better than Windows Vista SP2:D

4. prout99

prout99 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    7 RTM is more a Vista SP3 so yes it's better than all Vista version ;)

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I remember when Vista first came out. It was so friggin buggy i uninstalled it within 15 minutes.The Service Packs helped it out some but i'll never look at vista again. Have to say M$ got it right with Win 7(for the most part). But i'm happy with my Win 7 will prolly uninstall my Xp as well here pretty soon.

6. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    well, it's true

7. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Nah, biggest was Windows ME ;)
    Vista is at least stable ! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. infrablack

infrablack MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    i am using W7 for almost one year from pre-beta to RTM and W7 is the best microsoft OS i saw after XP. Vista is worst microsoft OS after windows ME=)=)

9. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Well actually W7 IS the best OS. Remember when XP was out ? It was full of holes (like a Swiss-cheese) and practically unusable till SP2.
    W7 on the other hand is what an OS should be from the start (I'm using it since pre-Beta versions and it's ROCK SOLID) ;)

10. HamidFULL

HamidFULL MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    ok men will do that ;)
    100% agreed!

11. Xeno

Xeno MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    100% agreed! ME sucked beyond belief!!! Hated that damn thing!! It was like theeee DEVIL!:mad:

12. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    I won't use Seven as main OS until the SP1 comes out, they're really too many bugs on it, there is not one day without finding a new bug, even if it's faster and have some improvements, I'll stay with Vista for now, because this one at least is fully mature and stable.

Off topic: Anyone remember Win98 First edition? This one was also full of bugs. 2nd Edition was correct.

13. tengtengvn

tengtengvn MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    this post is useless without pics

Win 98 and Win 98 SE.

14. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Please mention at least one major bug ;)
    Not the minor ones which tend to be sometimes annoying, but do not stop you from using/working in the OS.

15. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I have no clue what bugs your referring to there are a few, but i have yet to notice any at all.You can keep your vista, i'll stick to W7.

If you guy's notice M$ makes one good OS followed by a crap one. Example -

Win 95 - Junk
    Win 98 SE - Better then 95
    Win 2000 - rofl a joke for a OS
    Win Xp - good
    Win Vista -crap
    Win 7 - Good Stuff :D

16. tengtengvn

tengtengvn MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I think Win 2000 was a lot better than NT4. Windows NT was a pain in the neck too.

17. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    #17 PrEzi, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Please remember that each first os was a BASE for another after it i.e.
    Win95 for Win98
    WinNT3.1/3.5/3.51/4 - partially for Win2k
    Win2k for XP
    Vista for Seven.

The second OS after the Base OS was always using the refined code of the previous one.

18. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    #18 Lenmaer, Aug 10, 2009
    Example: explorer bug who doesn't show the real names of all the HDD and list them as local HDD; dualscreen who locks half of your screen and the mouse can only browse on left side and is blocked by an invisible barrier at the middle, progs that should launch hidden but launch and stay fullscreen.

They're are a lot more.

And yes I downloaded an untouched ISO and even re-downloaded 2 MSDN ones, burned all my DVDs at 4x (Verbatim) with 2 different burners and PCs and made several new installs, bugs remains. Last month I also made a fresh install of Vista SP3 and everything worked like a charm. My seven is installed untouched and blank without installing any progs, just the drivers and all are up to date.

19. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Dualscreen looks like a driver-related issue, mine Dual screen works without a hitch in different modes (extended desktop/clone etc.)

All other bugs do not prevent you from working (they are not showstoppers nor critical bugs).
    Please provide me with a link to Vista SP3 - I would gladly take a look at it ;)
    I like all the robustness of the new Win7, where Vista with SP2 seems to be sluggish (even after custom services and system tweaks).

20. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    #20 Lenmaer, Aug 10, 2009
    Sorry I meant SP2. :p
    Yes they don't prevent me for working, but I cannot trust an OS who shows bugs that shouldn't even exist, since it's based on Vista and Server 2008. Bugs that aren't on their should not even exist on Seven.
    I can understand bugs on a new major OS but not on an update OS.

Anyway that's my opinion, the best to do is to try by yourself and if you're happy with it, then keep it.