Install Windows Sandbox in Unsupported SKUs

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by boyonthebus, Apr 29, 2019.

1. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I wonder if it has a log somewhere to see what makes it fail. In 1903 pro (.53) it gets stuck on the loading splash screen for me, and it used to work in earlier insider builds. Defender is there, Edge is there, People is there as well.

3. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Many times Sandbox gets stuck on loading screen for me when launching it for the first time. I have to close it, then it works after that. For now Sandbox seems to be pretty much a bit shaky. I am on 18885 now. I am always happy when it works. I hope it gets more stable in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jake1702

Jake1702 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't think the title is accurate. Maybe it should be "in unsupported *SKUs*".

5. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Thank you for your observation. Yes, it should be SKUs, and it has been changed.

6. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    I have found that if you are going to remove anything, like defender, edge, or IE then run this previous to their removal, and don't remove any files or folders, just alter the registry, and use powershell to remove packages.