Installation question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rolley, Oct 23, 2010.

1. rolley

rolley MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2010
    1st thanks for this forum. Very helpful :)
    Ok, I have a more outdated badaxe2 motherboard. My question is. After I get windows 7 installed I know I am supposed to install my chipset drivers. Do I still use the original one from my mobo cd or do I install the latest chipset or does windows 7 automatically install this? I am kinda confused because on the intel website it doesn'teven show a chipset for windows 7 for my motherboard! I just dont want to screw something up. I figured the one that came with my mobo was probably a bit outdated but still not sure what to do.. Sorry for the dumb 1st post :) Thanks for any help clearing this up for me..

2. rolley

rolley MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2010
    Venu,
    Thanks for the reply. I am sorry if I sounded like my system is that old. Its a D975xBx2 board, quadcore, 4 gig ram. What I should have said was Intel does not show Windows 7 "support" for this board . I have read where people have Windows 7 32bit and 64bit installed just fine. So hopefully all will be okay. I was just curious if it even mattered if I install the original chipset or the latest. I believe I will go with the latest chipset just to play it safe. Thanks for your reply and thanks again for the great info on this forum. I am learning alot :))

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009