Installed 8.1.1 update but uninstalled soon after!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by acer54, Feb 8, 2014.

1. acer54

acer54 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2009
    #1 acer54, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    Installed both updates without any problems but Internet Explorer will not open and Waterfox opens but crashes!
    Update uninstalled and system back to normal, will wait for the official update on patch Tuesday in April me thinks!

2. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    that's why I don't bother with these incremental updates! it's not a simple program you can easily update and downgrade, it's an OS for god's sake! Unless you have too much free time and time to waste then why bother? it's not like the new Windows 8.1.1 will allow your computer to cook you dinner :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Did you know why are the 'Crashes'. ? Are you asking to know why.? What's is back to 'normal',8.? What is this thread meant for.?

Next time,please,be informative.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    You're in the wrong forum for that attitude

--

@OP - VMWare for pre-release testing ;)

5. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    This belongs to "Just another whine thread" section of the forum. Oh wait...

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Ian82, I should not comment but I will, member is asking for assistance been here since 2009 not many posts unlike someone I know posts questions than can be easily answered with a search on forum or google and you give him attitude look closely to home before you make such comments.

I will leave this thread open and hopefully once we have more information members will have a positive attitude will help out.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Please no more comments I actually made my statement to try and stop it coming into a flaming discussion :)

8. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    will agree with that tbh, testing is something we all look forward to when something new is on its way, bugs or not you get bugs in almost everything thats released (non beta)

9. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Installed here all I can install my system is up-to-date;no problems.I had RTM W8.1 single language and now with this leaked new build is yet in my native language without glitches and bugs.Hail to the leaker!:worthy:

10. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    no major problems here either, heck, I even made myself a custom iso using my activated tokens and whatnot with wmc, I even integrated these latest leaks to my iso, 8.1 installed fine, activated and already with the updates!

11. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    It's a chat like thread.! where is the information here.? Mods please close the thread. And let' see something serious & informative.

12. acer54

acer54 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2009
    All I was saying was I installed the leaked MSU's and Internet Explorer will not run on the desktop and Waterfox opens but crashes soon after, I was simply wondering if anybody else had experienced the same issues and what did they do?
    I uninstalled the MSU's so I'm back to 8.1 Pro...........

13. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
    after applying the leaked updates on my main system, this is what I have got hxxp://i.imgur.com/6az4WVO.png
    So, had to uninstall the said updates, BTW there was nothing wrong when tested in VM environment!
    After Uninstalling the updates & Using System Restore point everything is back to normal.
    hxxp://i.imgur.com/XtM66S7.png

P.S. I was unable to embed the image links due to low post count, Please replace xx with tt :worthy:

14. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    I had Aurora, Nightly, and Pale Moon installed before the update, and all three work just fine after the update (Chrome is default browser, and still is).

Not so much as a single application or game has broken.

I have added the Android Development Tools Bundle (Intel-hosted) and latest JRE and JDK (7 update 51), and they work fine, too (I'm waiting on an Android 4.4 VM to start, but that has to due with my piddly amount of RAM).

15. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Everything works fine on mine too, thanks to the leaker!

16. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Was your system completely up to date before applying the 2 updates? because it's supposed to be.

17. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Forgive me for being a lot late to the party, but I intend to deploy these updates when they are released. However, are these 2 updates cumulative like a SP in the sense that one installs RTM and then these 2 updates.

From what I have read so far here, these 2 updates (or whatever is final) are like incremental updates and deploying them will not cause other older (Sep-Feb) monthly updates to be not offered. In that sense, they are like monthly patches.

18. acer54

acer54 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2009
    UPDATE!
    Installed the update again and everything is working fine, can't really understand why I was having issues with Internet Explorer and Waterfox when I installed the update last time, configuration is exactly the same as well.

19. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011

Yes, see : prntscr.com/2rgtjv, prntscr.com/2rgubu