Installed BIE x86, OK to go original RTM?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NSX, Nov 2, 2009.

1. NSX

NSX MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
  2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #2 gentoo, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    BIE is a loader. You need to check and see if the loader is emulating the slic 2.1 or if it is really in your bios. If it is not being emulated (You can use Everest to see) then you can reinstall and then install the cert and product key. If it is being emulated then you can see if you can find a modded bios for your motherboard and then reinstall windows and install the cert and product key.

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Why would you go to all that trouble to switch from one loader to another ???

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes BIE use a loader - no magic there. That is the only change I could find.

But hey, if you want to lose another few hours of your life on a pointless exercise who am I to stop you ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    He wants an untouched iso install so to me it is well worth it.

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    He should just do a clean install with the official MS ISO. Don't even mess with scene releases.

7. NSX

NSX MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. That is my question, did this BIE install did anything to my BIOS that might have a conflict with Daz Loader, or is it save to just do a format one more time and be done with it?

8. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Just format one more time and then install Windows 7 using one of the untouched ISOs. The BIE release just installs a loader, when you format it'll get rid of this. :)

9. tazman137

tazman137 MDL Junior Member

Jul 17, 2009
    The Win7 BIE copies won't let Google Chrome install because in the registry its set to undeployable image. I think something with the loader cuts into the Win7 install and it sets it as undeployable. However, you don't need to use another loader, its already activated.

I prefer to use untouched iso with DAZ's loader. Works perfect.

10. NSX

NSX MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    That's the idea indeed, I wish I came across this forum sooner. But hey, this time I will install a proper original image and use the DAX loader. Thanks everyone.