installed win7 hp 64 bit .

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by id1x, Mar 12, 2010.

1. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    hi i just installed win7 hp 64 bit . i used Google for most of the steps but i hop
    i can get some help in this thread because there is things i still dont understand

most important to me now is that i used daz Windows 7 Loader v1.7.7r-DAZ

i had no idea haw to use it at all . i used the loader mode and it worked then
    i clicked advanced mode and used also the bios mod after i used the loader without
    uninstalling the loader . i set all options to bios then i clicked and it said it worked
    but i dunno were i am actually now .

what matters the most is i want to know what dose the bios mod do ?
    did it flash my bios ? because i didnt want to do that . and if it did . what changes
    did it makes? and haw can i reverse them ? would loading bios default do the job ?
    i never new that windows programs can flash bios without asking the user .
    anyway any thing u can say will help as am a bit worried .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    If you use Daz Loader, just click on install , don't touch anything just click ok and reboot, after go to system propreties to check the genuine status.

With this method your Bios never be modified.

If you click on advanced options in the Loader that's mean you already mod your bios, but i's not your case.

windsman

3. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    am sorry but i dont understand you . i did click on advanced options and on install
    bios mod . after putting all tabs on asus .

u mean i need to have moded my bios before that with other stuff ?
    and that the daz loader wont change my bios anyway ? or it did change it ?
    sorry my english and tech levle in medium

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    guys i dont know anything about that slic thing i have a normal p5q pro
    with its normal asus bios . i just clicked on use the bios mod in that loader
    and i want to know if it has changed my bios or not . and if it did should i
    just load my bios default to restore it or what ?

that tool you linked is too complicated for me to understand .

i just what to know were do i stand now . bios wise . did i messed up somewhere ?
    or the bios mod in the loader is not effective unless like u said i used it with
    other mods . i say it again i already used the bios mod install button .

thanks for help

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    If your wanting to keep it simple then don't use the advanced option with daz loader. Leave that advanced box unchecked!

You cannot mod the bios with loader!

With daz loader by clicking install it tricks window into thinking it's an OEM computer and activated that way.

Just click install.

If you feel insecure about the loader then click uninstall reboot then click install over again.

It's actually really simple for seeing a bios slic existence but no loader has to be installed for it to give accurate results:) But again don't worry about any bios stuff for now!

Forget about it for now and just see if your activated, ok?!
    Go to control panel/system to see your activation status. What does it say there at the bottom of the window?

6. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    why not ? whats so harsh about helping newbies ? isnt that what forums is all about ?
    maybe ure smarter than me or have a higher tech level .

my question is simple . i used the bios mod install on the loader without modding
    my bios or anything . i just clicked on it . so did that flashed my bios ?
    am i under any risk now ? what changes that click made to my system .
    thats all . very simple to explain . if u dont wanna help its ok i wont
    insist . o_O

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #9 timesurfer, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    I already said you can't flash bios from loader.

In daz loader advanced section it just tries to add key and cert to a maybe-existent slic that you didn't want to see if you have by using that tool I suggested.

You still haven't' told any of us if it's activated yet in system properties dude...lol

If it's not activated you have a problem. If it's activated your done:)...lol

Yes, iamanoob is at a higher tech level that's why he advised the most helpful page in the whole forum and he seemed to be pretty nice and helpful just not what you wanted to hear dude.

So are you activated or not?

That's the important answer we're waiting for to further help you:)

8. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    @timesurfer is one of the nicest persons in MDL. HE already explained to you that the function of a loader is to trick Windows 7 into thinking you have OEM computer to get your windows activated. It emulates what an OEM computer (DELL, HP, ASUS ACER etc) gets activated offline. It dos not mod your BIOS. Your original BIOS does not change by using loader. I think that is what you want you want to know.

If I were you I will be more interested to know whether your windows is activated or not. Go to start/control panel/system and scroll doen under windows and see whether it is activate or not.
    If it is not activated, install Daz loader and select uninstall loader. Re-start your windows, install Daz loader again and do not touch anything. Click install and wait for message that says windows is activated or it will just re-start. Check your windows and see whether it is activated or not. If not come back to this forum and tell us what you have. I am like you, new and here to learn.
    Don't get discourage. People here are very nice and helpful. Play your part.

9. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Simple answer, it did not flash your bios.

10. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010

ok first i thank all of you for the great help . all of you are nice .
    now for some reason i did not see that reply before i posted again this reply

so i apologize for playing the ignorant role here and i guess that reply what
    made the respected members think that its a hard job to communicate with me
    which is not . i do understand what time said .

on the other hand what made me confused at the start is that guys kept telling
    me not to use the bios mod as i tried to tell them that i already used it
    before i registered here . and i felt that using it was wrong without gathering
    enough info about the loader but i didnt know about this forum and i kinda clicked
    the bios install button because i thought it has drivers for asus or something like that
    but i should have paid more attention when ever bios word is written .
    its my bad and i regret it and i wanted to know what it actually did to my bios
    because i dont want or need to flash my bios or take any risks .

so as you see there was a misunderstanding here but now i know what u are saying .

i did activate the windows hp which i got an untouched RTL version of it
    actually the loader worked at default but my possessed finger had to go and click
    on install bios mod button . :bangin:

also i wanted to see if i would get RTL NOT OEM ID

yes that was what i wanted to ask , but got u guys into that misunderstanding
    because u guys thought i havnt used it yet while i was trying to say i already
    pushed the button . so i wanted to know the effect . plus i didnt see timesurfer post
    were he put a clear answer .

well a little waste of time , am sorry it wont happen again . i will need more help
    as i will start installing drivers and will keep my updates in this thread .

so a quick summery and a report of the current situation is i have no problems
    at all with the default loader . i did a full pc formatting anyway and loaded bios default
    and activated the win7 os cool calm and collective .

i wasted a full page on one question and wasted members time . but i promise it wont happen again and will work faster from now on . so dont give up on me

my next question will be as i see in winver license its an RTL version but in
    activation its OEM . so what is the final word here ? do i have OEM or RTL ?
    i know they are the same but i just might catch a new info here . if possible .
    thanks .

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Glad your activated cause thats whats important

Also people seemed pretty nice to you even though their was a clarity issue.

A few months ago I was also asking what the heck the advanced part of daz loader was for so no problem dude

I think if you use daz loader to activate you have OEM.

If you use retail key you have RTL

It's all how you activate that determines those things:)

So enjoy your new windows and check your messages for a pm from me

Later

12. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
  13. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    am i ok using updates ? or should i avoid it ?

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Just avoid and possibly right click and hide WAT

15. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    hide WAT ? what do you mean ? i used daz loader not WAT tool . thanks

16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    There is an update called WAT KB971033

If it shows it's face then right click and hide it as to avoid accidental installation dude

17. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    ok . i dont think it will show up because i shot down updates first thing after installation . but anyway if it did exist
    were dose it show its face ? in control panel or in updates installations ?

18. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    It would show in available updates and when wish to uninstall it would be in control panel/programs and features. However, dude I think it's been pulled by MS