Installed Windows 7 - Color and Display is weird

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hpnotebook, Oct 28, 2009.

1. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Hey, I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate and for some reason the screen seems more blurry than compared to what I used to have in Vista. Like it doesn't seem as sharp as before. My laptop screen is 12", and it just seems weird, like I'm in safe mode but with smaller icons. Does anyone know whats going on? I tried to use the color collaboration, but it didn't make a difference. Thanks.

2. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Most likely it is the drivers. If you have not installed any video drivers in Windows 7 yet then you are probably using the generic ones, which aint really that good.

3. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Where can I get a good video driver? I purchased my laptop from HP but they didn't give me a setup CD, all they game me was just a pre-installed Vista Home Premium with a bunch of useless software.

4. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Okay I found the HP site with my laptop specific drivers, hope they work as they all are for Vista.

5. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    I've tried installed those HP drivers, but it says for some reason no supported drivers found.

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Try windows update, the drivers available there have worked good for me and the games I play. You can also see what downloads your computer manufacturer has for your model PC or you can get drivers directly from the chipset manufacturer, look in your manual or check your model specifications online and download the appropriate drivers.

If you have problems finding the drivers then post your computer model and I or someone else could probably find a link for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    it's just because your resolution isn't right. Have that on my laptop too when res is set wrong. My laptop needs 1200x800, anything else and i'll get that blurry screen also.

Try to search for documentation for your laptop regarding standard resolution, and then set it through the appearance section of control panel.

If the generic driver doens't support that resolution, you'll need your specific vendor drivers...

8. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks for the insights. I just downloaded the Windows Updates and everything was back to normal.