Installing and activating windows 7 in an UEFI based system.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Vikt, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Vikt

Vikt MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2012
    Hello everyone, my name is Vittorio and i'm pretty new to this forum.

I've recently bought an ASRock 970 extreme3, then i heard that UEFI makes problem with activating windows 7 with the loaders and so i've ran through the several threads i've found in this forum, trying to understand how to install and activate windows 7, but i ended up more confused then before.

So i'm asking, is there any problem in performing a normal uefi install of windows 7 and later on activating it with the latest DAZ's windows loader?
    What is the procedure to follow? Thanks in advance.

2. Luigi79

Luigi79 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2012
    I am using ASSUS M5A97 with UEFI BIOS without problems;dual boot windows 7 -windows 8;windows 7 is activated using daz loader version 2.100 without any trouble from first time,right click-you know run as administrator....(i've choosed assus in the loader menu-manufacturer).Hope this helped you!

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #3 Tito, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. yorkev

yorkev MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Hi to all, I have used the loader from Daz for a couple of years now without any issues. However this week I purchased a new Asus P8Z77-M-PRO, I installed windows 7 pro and attempted to activate it with loader version 2.1.2 without any success, can anyone guide me on how to get around this please, can the UEFI be worked around? I have computer knowledge but this is a new one on me.

Cheers Kevin

5. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    please read post #3 by Tito^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. yorkev

yorkev MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    #6 yorkev, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Many thanks to sid 16 for the tip from tito, and thank you tito for the post. However it didn't work for me, I followed the instructions to the letter, I disabled UEFI in the bios so it just left legacy mode. I followed the prompts and successfully partitioned my drive from unallocated to MBR and installed windows 7 pro the copy I've always used, installed loader 2.1.2 from Daz (thank you Daz) it said installation successful. I rebooted went to system in control panel to check and it still said I had 30 days to activate windows. I must have installed windows several times over 5 hours with no success, any suggestions please. Just as a matter of interest I clicked on " activate windows now" to see what would happen and it gave me the usual options to buy or input a new key as it said "The windows key you typed in is invalid for activation" so did the loader work to some degree, any thoughts please.

Just been to microsoft activation site and had my windows validated it tells me its genuine and welcome to windows! yet in control panel I still have 30 days left to activate! confusing or what!

7. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Recent Asus? You probably need to disable use type 4 memory under the advanced settings, then reinstall loader. An mgadiag report may be helpful.

8. yorkev

yorkev MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    #8 yorkev, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Hi Capt Kirk, thank you for your response, it is indeed a new Asus board P8Z77-MPRO. I will reinstall windows again and try that option and post the results. An mgadiag report I will generate on my next post if it's unsuccessful. Thank you for your time.

Cheers Kevin

Thank you very much Capt Kirk you were indeed right! So to anyone who has the same problem see Capt Kirks post above and all will be well! make it so Captain!

9. Missingno

Missingno MDL Novice

May 10, 2012
    I'm having the exact same problem except I'm using an ASUS Maximus V Gene motherboard with an Intel 520 series 120GB SSD. I've followed the instructions in the readme to a T but I cannot get my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate verified using the loader. I've been reading and reading so many various threads about EFI BIOS's and how you gotta do this and that but I'm not sure what to do. Any guidance would be appreciated.

10. nedkelly

nedkelly MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2009
    Wouldn't the simplest way be to flash the bios with a SLICed version?
    I did my Asus P8H67 a few months ago and updated the Bios several times since without any issues.
    I have never used a loader.

11. xsinbadx

xsinbadx MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    You can't flash a uefi bios as far as i know

12. nedkelly

nedkelly MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2009
  13. hiddenpower

hiddenpower MDL Novice

May 15, 2012
    U R the man!

I must installed win7 3 times before I tried this. My new motherboard model is Asus P8Z77.
    And yes, I registered just to reply to this message! :worthy:

14. Deivs

Deivs MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2008
    Thank You thx thx thx...:worthy:

15. Balfrog

Balfrog MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2013
    Hey, tnx for UEFI trick. Perfekt.

16. eliavis

eliavis MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2013