Installing from flash and receive bcd file error??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by giants000, Mar 10, 2010.

1. giants000

giants000 MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    Hi I have a windows 7 32 and 64 disks that have worked perfectly fine on multiple systems. I tried to install on a computer that at the last point of the install gave me an error saying the system restarted or encountered an error and the computer will reset and continue the install, but the computer just keeps looping through this restart sequence. I think there is a problem with the rom drive. I put the .iso onto my flash drive and booted up from there. When I do this it starts to load the files but gives me an error saying boot\bcd file error. It says to use the windows install disk and select repair computer but the disk drive doesnt seem to be working. I realized after that I started the install originally using the 32bit disk but put the 64bit .iso onto my flash drive. Is this what is causing this error bcd file error??? If I put the 32bit .iso onto my flash drive will this problem go away?? Or is there another way to fix this problem without having to use the actual install disk?? I don't want to have to go out and buy a new dvd rom drive if I dont have to. I am at work right now so I haven't had a chance to try the 32bit .iso on my flash drive yet. Just gathering some ideas to try when I get home. Thanks alot for your help