Installing java on windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Pecan Sandy, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Pecan Sandy

Pecan Sandy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2013
    Hello,

A new member, please bear with me as I navigate the site. I just purchased Windows 8. I followed the instructions of some of the threads I saw below with no success. I am also not very technical :) When I got to Java I downloaded both off-line versions as recommended. At the bottom of the screen it indicated installation success. I then closed all browsers and re-started my machine. Java does not show in my programs and when I went to the test Java site it indicated no programs downloaded, but gave me a link to activate plug-in through Firefox. I wasn't able to follow their instructions as the first procedure (click on red box didn't show).

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    What version of Java you are trying to install?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pecan Sandy

Pecan Sandy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2013
    Version 7, Update 17, the one recommended, I think?

4. Pecan Sandy

Pecan Sandy MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2013
    Hi,

Thanks much TechMan. I have a 64 bit. Downloaded both programs and I was prompted that both downloads were complete. Re-started the PC and they still do not show in my programs. I wanted it mainly for gaming on Facebook and for some reason when I log on through Explorer it is almost okay, still missing some of the screen features, but when I log into Facebook through Firefox I only get a bit of the game screen. Weird. Anyway, once again thanks for trying!!

5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    #7 Flipp3r, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...