Installing updates with modded BIOS?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by digitech, Jan 25, 2009.

1. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Currently are there any updates that we should stay away from or is it ok to install everything that is listed under windows update?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Download anything you want. What are your concerns? There are no activation programs running in the background with a hardmod..;):rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    I once seen a list of updates to stay away from but I guess that was for anyone using a softmod.

Anyways won't MS distinguish people downloading updates with a hardmod? For example, I have the ASUS SLIC and Vista x64. Now ASUS to my knowledge doesn't sell notebooks with the x64 operating system. Maybe they do, I don't know. Now MS could be a little suspicious if they see people updating Vista x64 on a OEM notebook. What do you think?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    No. I think they have better things to do. You can install the 64 bit on any 64bit machine retail. As long as it is activated, and the updates do not find an activation program, they wont care. They probably dont monitor the softmods, the updates take care of those..

With MS cutting jobs, less techs for spot audits also...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #5 HMonk, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009