Installing Vista home premium on hp laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jojam, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jojam

jojam MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    #1 jojam, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    HI! I've been reading a few thread for a while and I need help on the installation of operating system(vista home premium 32bit) on my hp laptop. The hard disk has failed and I have no recovery disk so I got one from some site but unfortunately it didnt work(Vista OEM untouched) it rejected the key saying that it was not a valid windows vista key. Microsoft says I need a hp recovery disc which I don't have or I need to borrow one but I don't know which one will work(And I don't want to borrow one). Here, I followed the instructions but when I got to step 3, I can't locate the xrm-ms file and there is no oem folder in system 32. Maybe I should get a new copy of vista, I saw someone post links to a retail version of vista(I think). Please help!:worthy:

:stupid:

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. jojam

jojam MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you urie for your help! I've done what you have said and now vista is activated.:hug2:
    A few questions thou...
    I know that the loader activated vista but which serial did it use? (is it legit?)o_O
    I am a bit confused here "Vista oem dvd's are different from oem slp dvd's" what is the difference?o_O
    I have a Toshiba Satellite that has a "genuine problem thing" could I use the loader also? or is it better to use another vista installer (I got this one en_windows_vista_sp2_x86_dvd_342266 from [the thread by ar seven am) o_O

Thank you again for your help!:worthy:

4. jimmychristian

jimmychristian MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    I have a few thread for a while and I need help with the installation of the operating system on my HP laptop read. The hard drive failed and I have no recovery disk so I have a few site but it unfortunately work the most important say, that there was no valid Windows Vista key rejected. Microsoft says that I have a HP recovery disk, I don't have that or do I like to borrow one, but I don't know, that works . Here, I find flowing but when I go to step 3, I can statements the xrm-ms files, and there are no oem folder in the System 32. Perhaps I should a new copy of Vista, I saw someone post links to a retail version of vista

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Just install Windows 7, you will not be disappointed!

All the info you need is in stickies in Windows 7 section, just do a bit of reading on your own

sebus

6. watsonr93

watsonr93 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2011
    You can just go through the download Daz loader that loader is activated the vista .You can go to the windows 7 section or helper that all the information is giving what you need for Vista home premium