Installing W7 on a Dell Inspiron N5110

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ishigo31, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ishigo31

ishigo31 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2012
    Hi everyone was reading but didnt find anything that could help me if there is any post related to my issue pls point me to it. thanks!

My problem is that my daughter drop her laptop and the comp stop rebooting, so I got the hd out and plug it on my other lap. it ask to be reformat so I did it then I went to the W7 installation tread and got everything that I need to create a bootable usb. So I put everything back together turn the lap on and select to boot from ubs then it shows W7 to select language, time, keyboard type, then it shows install W7 now, I hit ok and its start for like 5 sec then ask me about cd/dvd driver, ok I have the Dell Drivers and Utilities Cd, I put it on the cd drive and the comp reads it, I select drivers but cant find what it needs. I went to the Dell web site Dl all the drivers for it put them on a usb, plugged on the comp select aone by one and also didnt find the one that it needs so im stuck there.

I contacted dell they are sending me a recovery disc but dont know if that would do it.

Any Ideas or Sugestion??

Thanks!!

P.S. Got the same result with a brand new hd too.

2. ishigo31

ishigo31 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2012
    @ FFManHole

Thanks but also check and fallow that and still no luck.

3. locob

locob MDL Member

Jun 2, 2010
    #4 locob, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    From the 3RD page of the Dell support thread:

The USB on the right is USB 3.0. Windows 7 does not natively support USB 3.0 so the install could not get the standard installation drivers from the USB on that port. If by chance after he formatted it, he plugged into the left port, which is USB 2.0, then it would read the drivers fine.
    I just had much the same issue and was puzzled until I saw the SS (SuperSpeed aka USB 3.0) on the right side and realized it was plugged into the wrong USB.

4. ishigo31

ishigo31 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2012
    Thanks locob!!!

This solved I switch the usb to the left side and boom no problems so far.

Thanks!!!

5. ishigo31

ishigo31 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2012
    After the instal and everything all is good.

Now, I want to ad office to it, which one is better 2010 or 2013 and easier to install.

My W7 don't show any on the programs files so no clue on this.

Thanks!!!