Installing w7 with daemon tools

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by darxe, Nov 12, 2013.

1. darxe

darxe MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    So, am i able to install my new w7 with daemon tools? I downloaded from This site ( the professional x86 version)

I tought i had usb, but it seems i dont, so is this possible?
    Please answer :)

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I am no expert and infact I have NEVER used Daemon Tools..

Now forgive me but this is just a image mounting tool, is it not ?

Surely this needs Windows to mount an image. I can not imagine how windows could mount an image and install a new copy of itself.

You have a machine without any USB slots ? What is it ?

4. darxe

darxe MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    Well i do have USB slots, but i don't have acces to and USB stick for a long time, so i tought if i could install it with Daemon Tools. But it seems like i can't. Thanks for replying anyways!

5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Make a 4GB partiton on the HDD, extract setup files from ISO to there, run setup from Sources folder for clean install, run setup from root for upgrade

6. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Do you mean creating a bootable partition on the HDD with install files and installing to the same drive? Fu***** brilliant idea! I hope it works as that would mean the end of redundant media (FDD, CD/DVD, SD cards, USB HDD etc.) for installation.
    I gotta try it.... LOLOLOLOLO

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
  8. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #8 bludgard, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Done did it and it works a charm. Problem occured when booting to Windows 7 and making Windows partition as active. The boot manager was still on the bootable install partition and I didn't really think to change it while within Windows 7. Obviously there was boot manager issues at next boot. lol Any quicker way to fix the boot issues than google. :popcorn:
    I have an Win 7 AIO OEM installer (with WinRE for x64 [thanks MDLF!:vertag:]) that I use for work (which I used). Can't remember what bootmgr is used.
    Anyway; think I've found an aternative way to install Win 7 (at least) sans external medium. Thanks OP for bringing this up....
    Coolest s*** I ever saw.:eek:
    Thanks MDLF.
    Word!

Edit: Thanks for the link; quicker than google...
    "Preparing the partition to make it bootable

Open the command prompt and run this:

x:

cd /boot

bootsect /nt60 X:
    (x being your partition) "

Edit: Above did not work. Looking for an easier way to move bootmgr within new install.
    Any help with this as I am but a lowly hardware geek with a twist of who the f*** cares.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...