installing win7- 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zaiko, Mar 15, 2011.

1. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    #1 zaiko, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. vrosa

vrosa MDL Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Probably your active partition is not a NTFS one, maybe one of the OEMs is set to active instead of the Windows partition.
    Go to MMC / Disk Management and right click on the partition where you want to install Windows 7 x64 and make it active.
    I also sugest you to delete the OEMs or, if not possible, mark them as not active (after installing Win7 x64 you'll be able to delete/integrate them to another).
    Boot from Win7 x64 DVD and try to install again.

I hope it helps. :)

3. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    No the windows partition is NTFS and active.
    I must say that for the moment I only can start up with the daz recovery iso . (windows loader default method - already for more than 6 months).

So I wonder at the first reboot during the installation it asks to boot from dvd ,do you have to continue from the dvd or if not what happens ?
    Or maybe my keyboard didn't work ?

Or I thougt if you do a clean install the boot cyclus would be ok again !

I'm rather confused and hope for some suggestions ! thnx a lot.

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    * Make sure Acronis doesn't have it's own partition thats marked as active.
    * The partition that needs to be cleared is the one thats marked as active in disk management.

I would recommend you delete the OEM partitions + Windows 7, merge the partitions to regain space and then install Windows 7 onto that single partition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...