Installing Windows 7 onto Samsung 960 Evo M.2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by digitech, Jan 30, 2018.

1. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    I'm trying to install Win 7 onto my M.2 but can't get it to install because I first need to install the M.2 driver. So I extracted the the driver with WIX and the issue is the drivers that I burned onto a CD don't show up when I pick load driver during the install.
    How are you guys managing this?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's 3 simple dism commands:
    Mount WIM:
    Code:
    dism.exe /Mount-WIM /WimFile:"x:\wim\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:"y:\mount"

Integrate the drivers:
    Code:
    dism.exe /image:"y:\mount" /Add-Driver /driver:"z:\W7_NVMe_Drivers\x64" /recurse

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Searching for driver packages to install...
    Found 4 driver package(s) to install.
    Installing 1 of 4 - i:\Simplix_Batches_Win7\W7_NVMe_Drivers\x64\64bit_Intel_NVMe_Windows_Driver_v1.8.0.1011_WHQL\IaNVMe.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
    Installing 2 of 4 - i:\Simplix_Batches_Win7\W7_NVMe_Drivers\x64\64bit_Lite-On_NVMe_driver_v1.4.0.0._WHQL_for_Plextor_SSDs\nvme.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
    Installing 3 of 4 - i:\Simplix_Batches_Win7\W7_NVMe_Drivers\x64\64bit_OCZ_NVMe_driver_v1.2.126.843 WHQL\ocznvme.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
    Installing 4 of 4 - i:\Simplix_Batches_Win7\W7_NVMe_Drivers\x64\64bit_Samsung_NVMe_drivers_v2.1.0.1611_WHQL_for_Win7\secnvme.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
    The operation completed successfully.
    Unmount /commit:
    Code:
    dism.exe /Unmount-wim /mountdir:"y:\mount" /commit

3. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    That's over my head plus I don't even have a WIM image of Windows. Thanks anyway.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ?????? You don't have a WIM image of windows? What do you think windows is installed from?

The iso/usb/dvd you are using to install windows contains an install.wim (iso:\sources).

5. zmeul86

zmeul86 MDL Member

Jun 17, 2014
    hello, where to find Windows 7 Pro OA for a HP desktop PC? Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    #8 mehdibleu, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    i suppose that you bought machine with win7 pro preinstalled on it and you want to do a clean install and waiting for the activation to be done automatically. If it's the case, there is good chance of making this happen.
    If you still have recovery partition, you won't need to reinstall windows manually as you can boot the machine and press F11 key to proceed to factory restore, this keybord usually allows to do factory restore on HP machine, by doing this procedure, you will able to restore your machine to the original state that means that you will have your machine restored as it was when you bought it.
    if you removed the recovery partition so a clean install will be necessary and installing win7 pro OEM version will logically allow the automatic activation but i don't have any oem version to send you unfortunately, maybe someone here will send it to you but instead you can simply install any windows 7 version and use DAZ activator and you will be fine. the activation with DAZ is done permanently. You will find it here.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    On a system with a valid slic you can simply insert the oem:slp key and the needed certificate (manually, by installing using the MRP $OEM$ folder or after clean install with DAZ WL).

On systems with a valid slic, Windows Loader will only insert the oem:slp key and certificate, and it will not install the loader part.

8. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    yes i forgot to tell him about the MRP method but i mentionned the fact that he could use DAZ loader after a clean install.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I was just trying to clarify what DAZ' WL is capable of:

It actually is an OEM system activator, on systems with a valid slic.
    Only when there is no valid slic inside the bios, it installs the Loader part, it emulates an OEM bios-slic on which the oem:slp and certificate can activate windows.

10. zmeul86

zmeul86 MDL Member

Jun 17, 2014
    #12 zmeul86, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  12. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    yes i know that, DAZ told me that a couple of months ago byt thank you for reminding me again.

13. thnx for this info,
    i assume it means that i dont need mrp tool to activate oem licence in win 7, all i need to put loader in $oem$.

and one ques, can any kms tool do the similar thing for win 8.1 and 10? i mean first detect if any licence is present in bios and activate original licence and if original not found then it activate by kms method?

14. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    MRP tool does exactly that by checking if there is slic present in the bios, then checks the edition installed then finds the appropriate key and the appropriate certificate and when all 3 match, the automatic activation succeeds.
    For win8.1 and win10, MRP checks the edition installed and if it matches the bios key, the activation succeeds.

15. sorry but this is not what i asked.pls read again.

16. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    You don't necessarely need mrp tool to activate your win7 with oem license, ))daz loader can do that as well, i only wanted to say that with mrp tool the activation can be done automatically when the 3 conditions that i mentionned before have been met.

17. @mehdibleu
    this is what i asked

18. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    #20 mehdibleu, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    if i remember well, the same request had been made few weeks ago by another member here, nobody helped him to,achieve this but he managed to get it work by himself without giving the solution.
    all i can say is that you can use the kms-vl-all tool to do the automatic activation as well by putting the oem folder into iso/sources folder.
    i will try to find who is that member, if i find him, i will give you his name so that you can contact him in private to show you the method he used to get this work.

Edit => i found who the member is, it's @King Hamza and here's the post where he asked for some help about the fact of being able to do the activation automatically by kms if MRP does not manage to do the activation because of missing slic table or other files => https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...l-project-mrp-mk3.71555/page-114#post-1413737