installing windows 7 sp1 media refresh

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mattburley7, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mattburley7

mattburley7 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    so i downloaded the windows 7 media fresh from here and plan on installing. i do have one question on it. can i use the key that came with my laptop and will that activate it? i downloaded windows 7 home premium 64 bit and thats the same that came with my laptop. i just want to do a fresh install with none of the bloatware that the computer came with. Thanks!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    As I get from ur post, ur lappy came preloaded with Windows 7. Then just install freshly from the media refresh installation media and Daz's loader to install the proper cert and key. Forget abt the COA key that is located under ur lappy.

BTW, what is the brand of ur laptop??

3. mattburley7

mattburley7 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    sony vaio is the brand. wont the key on the laptop work? i really dont want to use daz's loader.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You don't understand if your sony vaio came with windows 7 pre installed then loader will only add key and certificate needed to activate it will not actually install the loader.

5. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Yes the COA will work. Done it hundreds of times.

6. mattburley7

mattburley7 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2011
    probably have to call microsoft activation line to activate it though if i use the COA key?

7. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Just listening to what Tito and urie said, nothing else.

or.... acrsn :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...